Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline on RTE Radio 1 Friday 7:45am

Options
  • 24-10-2002 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

Doing a piece with RTE Radio 1 for this Friday at 7:45.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nothing short of the apocalyspse gets me out of bed before 8:30, so your devotion to the cause is admirable dave :)

I can see a lot of ppl possibly missing this, can an early bird member record it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nice one... Will be listening in... stuck in traffic somewhere between home and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

That sounded good. Well Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

Dangger,

You weren't given much time, but you sounded really well informed & authoritative - well done.

You mentioned how far behind Ireland was, but to gently (IMHO).

Don't be economical when stressing the seriousness of the situation, state more Dramatically how fu@ked up this little e-hub is.

Me 2cent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

I liked the bit about how you will be meeting him next Tuesday to tease out the details.
    I bet that will intrigue the operators.

Text from the onBusiness site:

Ireland Off-line to meet Ahern on flat rate web next week - The Minister for Communications Dermot Ahern announced yesterday that he is to publish a new directive to the Telecommunications Regulator to have flat rate internet access introduced to the Irish market. One voluntary organisation which has campaigned for this is Ireland Off-Line. Their chairman David Long says that while he may not be convinced by Mr Ahern's announcement, he is hopeful and is looking forward to a meeting with the Minister on the issue next week. He says that Ireland is failing in its broadband plans and points out that Ireland is currently 28th in an OECD broadband league table. He also says that the majority of internet subscribers are still paying a per minute fee, instead of a flat monthly fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Smidders

You can listen in to the relevant section of the show here:

http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/1025/morningireland/morningireland11a.ram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Anyone got that in mp3 format?

Ps. do we now have Radio 1 on boards.ie smidders? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Smidders

Originally posted by LoBo

Ps. do we now have Radio 1 on boards.ie smidders? :)

Wondered would anybody ask that.....:D

Just some creativity with URL's to find the link I'm afraid....

<Smidders>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I missed this unfortunatly.

if anyone has the TARA plugin for winamp, you can open up the URL and it will record the .ram file onto you HDD and then upload to the net as an mp3-

Anyone care to give it a try!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

get Real player.....great job chairman!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Real Player is no longer allowed on my PCs, not since "the incident". I'm sure someone will nicely do an mp3 version soon enough :)

Go on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

I have all the recent interviews on MP3 and 'll be creating a radio section on the official IOFFL iste shortly to host them all.

Advertisement