Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking Fine?

Options
  • 24-10-2002 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭

Somebody recently told me that they had read in a newspaper that fines of ~€500 were being imposed on those caught with unlocked mobile phones (i.e. those who weren't "entitled" to an unlocked phone because of not having spent enough credit, etc.). I've done a google for info, but nothing even close came up, so im just wondering if there is any truth to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Garbage I'd say. I mean how on earth would it be feasible or legal for them to do this? And in any case, since you own the phone and aren't using it for any illegal practices (I imagine :D) then it's yours to do with what you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Crap.

When you buy the (RTG) phone there is NO contract.
    The phone is yours to do with as you see fit
    (so long as you do not use it to break civil law, eg break the network or harass somebody).

b

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Thanks, thought she was full of it. TBH, my phones all have enough credit spent, but both digifone and vodaphone insist i send them an email with imei number etc, but they never reply with my unblock code/instructions. I first started emailing them looking for said codes about 12 months ago :mad:

Thanks again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Digifone used to be reasonably quick, I even got an apology after a couple of weeks of waiting apologising for the delay, along with the code.

Eircell/Vodafone were complete tossers and never sent me the code. I got it unlocked myself in the end up.

Advertisement