Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN slow establishing connection

Options
  • 25-10-2002 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Have a small problem

Currently using an SMC Barricade wireless router with a Hayes Accura ISDN serial ISDN TA

If I connect the ISDN TA directly to a PC via serial port the total time from initiating a connection to logged on is between three and four seconds

However if I connect the ISDN TA to the router via the serial port on the router the total time for connection takes approx 1 min 20sec to 1 min 40 sec.

from looking at the log the ISDN TA connects straight away but I assume the verification takes approx 1 min 20 sec

Log file included for clarity
    Comments in brackets are mine

* DOD:TCP trigger from 192.168.xxx.xxx:xxxx to 216.xxx.xxx.xxx:xx (External request triggers dial up)
    24 October 2002 23:56:06 COM2 start to dial-up
    * COM2: baud=115200 (Connecting on single line so OK)
    * DIAL2: tx ATE0V1 (Resets ISDN TA)
    * DIAL2: rx OK
    * DIAL2: tx ATS0=0V1W2%C0%P0=0S100=1 (Initialisation string ensures single line access and sets call receive to off etc)
    * DIAL2: rx OK (String accepted and processed)
    * DIAL2: tx ATDT13513XXXXXXXXXX (Dials UTVIP number)
    * DIAL2: rx CARRIER 64000 (Connected to ISDN TA at UTVIP note approx 2 secs have passed)
    * PAP2: OK (Eventually get logged on after 2 min 20 sec)
    * IPCP2: IP is 195.218.108.187
    * IPCP2: DNS0 is 195.218.116.2
    * IPCP2: DNS1 is 194.46.8.2
    24 October 2002 23:58:26 (In this case 2 min 20 sec have elapsed!!!!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

the AUTHENTICATION takes 2 mins.

what are your settings for authentication (username password typically)

are u trying encrypted first and then falling back to clear text ?

try clear text first....remember that the encrypted stuff is frequently MS specific and will not work with the UTV terminal servers.

M

Advertisement