Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

post-turn hangover

Options
  • 25-10-2002 10:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

oh dear jaysus. how amazing was last night? i will tell you. BLOODY amazing! wow to the capital 6, turn were right on form last night. it's a pity idlewild couldn't play, what with roddy being ill and suchforth, but bellx-1 were a great fill-in! they sounded great, and really got me excited for the wonders that are turn. although i think i made a silly out of myself in front of terry later on... continuous blabber about nothing tends to do that. doh.

hey, mick from polar, were you at the gig? if so, i think i saw you there. if not, i was winking at a complete stranger. quite possible.

and i met johnnynolegs there. not the weirdo i was expecting. in fact, he's really quite normal. whatever that is.

ok, i must try and face work with this killer hangover now. i have a line of purple bruises on my legs with i kept getting bashed against the stage and im really not looking forward to leaving the house. but whoo whoo, go turn!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Tell me about it...my head was pounding this morning. Whoever invented Nurofen Plus deserves a pint!
    T'was indeed a great gig. Everywhere I turned there was someone I knew!
    Mick from Polar was there...causin' all the trouble up the front! :p
    And god bless Eddie Rockets for being across the road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

ah amazing amazing amazing - pity my stupid knee was all stupid and selfish and sore so i got the second half from upstairs - yes u did meet me bereeta and again i have to say what did u think i was gonna be like ????

had a really strange few moments on the dancefloor when some girl insisted on using my head for a microphone - literally!!!!!!! for about 5 songs how strange......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

kinda weird, cause from that description of what happened to you Johnny, I think I know what ya look like now!

Anyone else there I might have spotted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

beretta i was defo there but there was no-one winking at me, definitely no-one.... ha ha...you were winking at a randomer...tee hee... yeah i had a futher mucker of a hangover this morning... and sandi i think you have me confused with kurdt as the trouble maker!!! kurdt ya hooligan!

johnnynolegs, a microphone eh? class

and shay i was one of the maybe seven ppl there at the very end dancing to rocky racoon like a feckin eeeeeegit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

I was there and met a lot of people from the board. Also I had better apologise to lamda's friend for my flailing elbows. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I don't think so Mick...ya hooligan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 clintron

Brilliant gig .Really enjoyed turn and bell x 1.Got a few new bruises.Shorty its ok you dont have to apologise.Going to see coldplay and idlewild tonite yippee yippee. hopefully idlewild play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

GRRRRRR
    im so JEALOUS!!!!!!
    AND.....theres one thing im fairly certain of, and that is that beretta's confusing the guy she met last night claiming to be johnnynolegs, with johnny nolegs. coz hes not relatively normal. have u seen the orange shirt????
    *JOKE!!!!!!!*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

bloody********bastardwankers!!!!

if anyone knows where idlewild are staying, let me know so I can go kick them in the shins. hehehe.

and in non-grumble related news... um, **** it. I got nothin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hooligan?????? me???????

i doubt it...

turn were great last nite...

kept bumping into ppl i knew...and mick was so fúcking rowdy...good stuff outta ya...that new song that ollie says he wrote after reading heavier than heaven was great!!!

cant wait for the new album...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

i'm still in detox... today in work i was sweating pure alcohol and shaking like crazy. i think i have problems.

ah michael, i did think it was you. you were near me during turns set, i was in front of ollie. i meant to say hello, but i forgot. plus i wasn't sure if it was indeed you or not.

i didn't know so many folk from the board were there last night. i was the chick in the red dangermouse shirt with curly hair. i told jack hyland i would flash him if he played "poison" by alice cooper... sadly he didn't have it. what a song. hehe. great phantasm, by the by! really good music. i was ever so pleased.

it seems being hungover causes me to form many tangents. for the rambling i apologise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Damn u all........im so jealous-i had to spend the nite with Drowner making sexual advances towards me and u all got to see turn/idlewild( not that i dont love u drowner)

I heard about the drunks ie.sandi and mick
    and about all the bruising etc

ps....Clintron i cant believe u actually posted!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

The return of CLINTRON!!!
    Ah twas a good gig and im glad idlewild didnt play cos i didnt get to the gig till late and would have missed them anyway (im selfish like that). And Shorty my "friend" deserves a few whacks if ya ask me...:D but you are crazy!!! At one stage you jumped on my shin!!! Damn me for being so short...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Shorty

"It's not me being tall, it's you, you're small, I lkie that"

It always happens to me, always

Kurdt was going just as mad as me, Damn that bouncer for breaking up our circle pit just before too much make-up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

kurdt??

why must everyone incite me in this holliganism???

and damn the bouncers indeed!!!! swines!!!!

did ya see when the delorentos guitarist was trying to go crowd surfing and it didnt work out and then the bouncer came over and the guitarist dude thought it was someone helping him up... "1...2...3... " and he jumped up on the bouncer...he wasnt happy i tells ya...damn funny it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ouchy. turn thursday and then fugazi last night. i cant remember when ive jumped around so much. i hurt.

didnt think much of bellx1s acoustic bit..
    delorentos were pretty good though.
    and connect 4 orchestra bloody ruled at fugazi.. well impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

Originally posted by Kali
    i cant remember when ive jumped around so much. i hurt.

You hurt. my eye is still sore from your head and someones elbow.... tho hasn't turned black :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Yeah,my neck still hurts 3 days later. It was *so* good though,i got knocked from one wall to the other with no effort on my part,very impressive.How do turn manage never to have a bad gig? i've been to 8 and they were all the most amazing gigs.its incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by decob
    You hurt. my eye is still sore from your head and someones elbow.... tho hasn't turned black :)

damnit. i'll try harder next time so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

my neck was soooooooooooooo sore afterwards due to a combination of QOTSA on monday and TURN on thursday ouch ouch ouch!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement