Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer songwriter nights

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

his name is 'WOMAN ON DEATH ROW'... lol

see 'anyone in a band' thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

I think that's someone else. Look at the postings on page one... he was talking about the Stars in the plough yesterday.

Keith

Good man Keith.... I read it now... don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by Keithaburke
    O sleep,
    Where is Bodkins? What kind of a night do they have?

it's at the top of capel street (top being the north side end) and the street that cuts across it ... i'm not too sure what it's name is. i saw a poster advertising it, and really it's my friend who was interested (i'm not the best singer or songwriter myself), all i know (if it's still going) is that it was yer average singer-songwriter night, but apart from that i'm not too sure. sorry for the lack of details.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Originally posted by Keithaburke
    Last night the semi finals of the Naked sessions were on in Balbriggan.

My favourite act of the evening was a guy called Mumblin death row. He put a message or two on this site yesterday actually... and then I met him last night.

If I like an act I'll certainly reccomend it... and I really enjoyed this guy. If you get a chance... go and see him. His lyrics are fantastic and his guitar playing brilliant. In addition to this... he's quite funny.

Tell us when you're playing Mumbling.

Keith

Thanks Keith. Keith modestly forgets to mention that this was a band contest and that he got through to the final and I didn't. Good luck with it buddy.

As for my own gigs (ahem, clears throat), I'm supporting Stoat and Settler at the Stoat single launch next saturday at whelans (2pm e5)...

...and the ballroom of romance on Dec13 at the Lower Deck (also Settler and Boa Morte - more to be added I think.

And while I'm at it, just listened to Snow Patrol and maybe I overstated his americanness - but not the sebedoh comparisons (runs out the door before hearing counter arguments...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gigsmart

Watch this space for Gigsmarts return to a dedicated singer/songwriter night!

The International was a good laugh for a while but I prefer to put singersongwriters on with bands. A night of pure acousticness makes me rush home after the gig and play Thin Lizzy's Bad Reputation at full volume through the house.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I was at a great session in Whelans last Sunday week. Paddy Casey was playing and a few other lads, brilliant atmosphere and great crack had by all. Some amazing harmony's coming from the people just sitting around. I didn't get to play myself but I might be there next week to thump out a few tunes !

Slaan.

(Boards Band Member) :)

Advertisement