Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce springsteen

Options
  • 25-10-2002 10:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭

Does anyone know why Bruce didn't come to our lovely little Island this time?

He's been playing a European tour. I tried to get tickets to see him in London, a gig that should happen in the next few days...

but the tickets sold out before they went on sale, I was told.

His new album is a bit too Sept 11th for me. Once I forgot about that... I liked it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

cos he's crap.

don't you understand?

although i agree about the new album... its crap too.

crap i tells ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Rumours are:

My 31st 2003 Bruce is playing the RDS. My mate told me it was on the radio. Anyone else hear it?

keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

The boss is f.u.c.k.i.n.g. amazing, september 11th schmeptember 11th the rising is a good album, and as for tunnel of love, darkness on the edge of town, the river, EVEN born in the usa game over....

i dare anyone to listen to nebraska and not be moved by it, surely one of the most beautiful albums of all time, Bruce....solo....acoustic.....seminal

I heard that he is defo playing the RDS this year <it was either that or headline Slane> and twas decided on RDS during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭AlisonC

I feel a strong need to respond, or rather express my ... love... of the boss. I know The Rising is perhaps a little, not much, less impressive than previous efforts, but in my eyes he can do no wrong.

I agree with the Bandit about Nebraska, but then where to start when you are talking about Bruce...

Anyway enough of that, I had called Ticketmaster last week to try and confirm if the 31st of May is an actual date set, they said no, I just tried them again to see if there was any change, they say no... We live in hope. (Didn't he play around the same date last time he was in Dublin???)

alison

The last time he played was 25th May 1999. The day of my last exam in Second year. I wasn't even a fan before I went to that concert. I got the tickets for my ex-girlfriend's birthday because she was a fan.

Best 80 quid I ever spent.

Thunder road has to be my favourite song of all time. I've got around 8 of his albums now. That's the problem. It's quite expensive when you get into Bruce.

I like something on all of the albums I've heard. "Tom Joad" appeals in a strange way but I'd say "Born to Run" has to be his best album. Phuque it they're all good.

Keith

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

says hes playing the 31st may on www.entertainment.ie and they usually don't make mistakes....and they always announce things before mcd and ticketmaster ;)

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band

Saturday 31st May 2003

RDS Main Arena

No Support

Ticket Prices €75 reserved seating
    €60 general admission

On sale Friday 15th November 2002 at 9am

it's gonna cost a pretty penny...

alison

Jackson Brown is playing here in March... of the same bag.

He's playing the olympia in March. Pity his mate, Tom Waits isn't playing.

Keith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

It may seam steep but for 2 1/2 hours plus of non-stop rockin'
    (well he did that the last time in 2000 and whenever) its worth it im deff going now if only blondie wasnt 50 euro..............

better get your credit cards out and start the bidding at 9 am today.
    seems original press releases said tickets were to go on sale this Friday the 15th but truth is they are going to be up for grabs this morning... for "priority members" ... nice line eh?!!?

keep on rockin'
    alison

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Beware of paying by CC, Alison. I just heard that there is a 12.5% service charge!

There has to be a law against that kind of thing.

You buy 4 seated tickets, it'll cost you €300. Steep enough. But the fact that you have to add on €37.50 is outrageous.

Who decides these things? Ticketmaster? Springsteen? The promoters?

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭James_M

This is true.

I coughed up €140 yesterday for 2 tickets on the flexible friend (€65 each plus €10 charges).

A hefty price but the Boss is a legend.

Are the rumours true?

Jaysus... It's black market time again folks

keith

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

It appears that it's sold out.

No matter what combination of tickets, it ststes that they are not available.

Anyone else have the same problem?

Ro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Too...

F.u.c.k.i.n.g...

Expensive

Did anyone see the Barcelons concert last night on MTV? Great freaking show.

There seems to be people going to the concert just because Steve Van Zangt is in the Sopranos, feckers.

Still searching for a ticket. I'll get one eventually.

Keith

Yep. Saw him on MTV last night.

What a fúcking legend!
    Roll on 31 May!!

Still searching.

if bruce ever frees a kid from something
    the headline will read:

'BRUCE SPRINGS TEEN'

heh heh

i have no idea where that came from.

• Advertisement

Extra tickets were out yesterday. Dunno if they're still available though

The rolling stone poll

http://www.rollingstone.com/artistoftheyears/vote.asp

Keith

Yes Kirn... I noticed the two for 1979.

jebus.
    springface has won loads.

sinead o connor? hmmnn..
    u2?
    backstreet boys?
    two for 1979?

i think i'll vote for neil young...

I just bought two General admission tickets on-line... so they're available again methinks.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 harza

1 standing ticket available for the concert next Saturday.

E-mail: nuns_island@hotmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Saint-dotsie

nebraska,the river and the rising are pretty good albumns, i wouldnt go see him tho for sixty euro although he is amazing live,the guy plays for at least three hours.......
    actually the new manics albumn is rumoured to be in the same vein as nebraska,that band are so hard to follow if you think about their progression on an albumn basis its quite strange.

Jackson browne that guy should have been put in prison but all the same the pretender and running on empty are fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

Keith !
    you back from London.. gimme a shout/send me a mail...

ness

Advertisement