Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

donegal doesn't deserve DSL

Options
  • 25-10-2002 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭

oh by the way the people up here don't deserve adsl anyway when they have the opprtunity to harrangue eircon account managers they don't bother (compupac ict expo donegal town 23/10) the acvcount managers can now go back to eircon and say we did a presentation in donegal town and only two people turned up who were interested in DSL.
    apparently eircon dsl rollout is purely politically driven and funded he who shouts loudest gets it so how a county with two minsters can't get it (says a lot for our ministers i guess)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

go harass your td's ...
    speak of which does anyone know have contact details for Martin Harrin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

have done frequently they don't even reply,
    I suggest you email donegalman off post if you want to contact him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Rez-N-8

I live in donegal never heard a peep about this expo never seen it advertised in papers nout thats prolly the way €ircon wanted it to be honest. Anyway what do we need dsl for when letterkenny is completely covered with high capacity cable laid 3 years ago but GUESS what never lit what a surprize, and i have harassed my TD's thank you very much, but remember this is donegal what do we deserve eh? look at our fecking roads think we need them fixed so the vans can acually drive on them to lay telephone lines

Rowan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

It means that there will be no live webcams simulcasting wee Daniels wedding next week in Dungloe.

Sniff.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

look at our fecking roads

I drive in that part of the world from time to time, the roads never struck me as being bad ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I never heard a word about it either. In any case, it's flipping miles away from where I live. Why didn't they hold it in Letterkenny? It's a lot more central.

Martin works for/owns VFM Flooring doesn't he? Their website is:

http://www.vfmfloors.com/

Has plenty of contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Gosh - never thought I was that hard to track down :)

I never heard about the presentation in Donegal Town either.

Like dun_do_bheal, I wonder at them holding it in Donegal Town, instead of Letterkenny; for those outside Donegal, this would be something like giving a presentation in Leixlip for potential users in Dublin.

Yet another example of Eircom being really on the ball ::mad:
    Then again, it could have been deliberate......

Martin Harran

P.S. Have been in touch with Ray

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Damnit I work in Donegal Town and I heard absolutely nothing regarding the presentation!

BTW, what's wrong with holding it in Donegal Town? Can't have everything going on in Letterkenny!

Originally posted by irishbyte
    BTW, what's wrong with holding it in Donegal Town? Can't have everything going on in Letterkenny!
    Just a simple matter of population :)

I certainly have nothing against Donegal Town - we have a shop there!

As an aside, I wanted to upgrade the phone line in our shop to ISDN but Eircom informs me that ISDN is not available in Donegal Town - really inspires you with confidence in their interest in bringing broadband there :)

Martin Harran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Damnit I work in Donegal Town and I heard absolutely nothing regarding the presentation!

Everything going on in Letterkenny? Must be a different Letterkenny to the one I'm acquainted with :p

Well, seeing Donegal is the third largest county in Ireland, is it not wiser to have it more geographically central? That and the fact as Martin already said, the population base is greater round the Letterkenny catchment area.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by DonegalMan
    Just a simple matter of population :)

I certainly have nothing against Donegal Town - we have a shop there!

Have you? Oh. Would it be in Drumrooske Business Park perchance?

As an aside, I wanted to upgrade the phone line in our shop to ISDN but Eircom informs me that ISDN is not available in Donegal Town - really inspires you with confidence in their interest in bringing broadband there :)

Martin Harran
    :D

No ISDN in Donegal Town? Ach, they must be pulling your leg surely!! Can't be that backward with all the businesses in it!

Hell I live in Ballintra and it's only a crappy village but it does have ISDN (though I dont' think too many use it). I vote Ballintra to be the first area in Co Donegal to get ADSL! ;) (one can dream)

Some school in Donegal Town (i think it's the Tech. College) has recently got itself sorted with satellite internet (2way) and I believe it's the first school in the county to have broadband internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

No ISDN lines in Donegal town ! I was told by an eircon sales person that i had to order that day as there were only a few lines left in the exchange...... maybe something they tell you over the phone is actually true. mind you not that it should matter as the guy from eircom said they always upgrade their capacity well before it runs out ! not that he got away with that satement for long.

must check with the guys down here whether thats true or not

Have you? Oh. Would it be in Drumrooske Business Park perchance? :D
    No, on main Stranorlar road, just beside Rory's AutoSupplies :)

No ISDN in Donegal Town? Ach, they must be pulling your leg surely!!
    That's what they told me - according to ednwireland, all existing lines are used up, they're due an upgrade soon.

Some school in Donegal Town (i think it's the Tech. College) has recently got itself sorted with satellite internet
    I got 2 way sat at our shop in Letterkenny couple of weeks ago; general verdict on it:

Downloading - 10/10 (typical 30 to 50 kps)
    Having Static IP -10/10 (vital to my business)
    General Browsing - 5/10 (similar to 56k modem at best, much slower at times)
    Gaming - 0/10

Martin

Advertisement