Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Launching MMS fairly soon in Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

They've just launched that in the UK, though unfortunately all their links beyond the vodafone live page on vodafone.co.uk seem to be broken :(

They do mention MMS will be available there from Nov 4.

Anyone able to tell me price details for MMS on vodafone uk?

solved broken links - I had 2 sessions open on the vodafone.co.uk site :|

Still, no pricing info found. Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by LoBo

Still, no pricing info found. Anyone?
    [/QUOTE

Service Price
    Send a picture message from £0.36
    Polyphonic ringtones from £1.50
    Games Arcade £1 - £5
    Wallpaper £2.00
    Screensaver £2.50

*cough* just found that myself. It turns out after solving my multisession problems I was looking at vodafone.ie.... damn their multicountriness!
    >
    With FREE picture messaging and FREE access to many of the services on the Vodafone live! menu until 31st January 2003* put it in your diary an d get ready to go live!

Service Price
    Send a picture message from #0.36
    Polyphonic ringtones from #1.50
    Games Arcade #1 - #5
    Wallpaper #2.00
    Screensaver #2.50
    >
    if that's 36p (from??) looks like a decent price. Free until January sounds good. Hope they do something similar in Ireland :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Its slightly cheaper here than UK.........

What will Picture messaging cost?

49c - To send a Picture Message from your mobile to another mobile, your/public/private library, and from the library on www.vodafone.ie

19c - To send a long Text Message (no picture just a message up to 1,000 characters in length) If you are a Pre or Post Pay customer

You can get a better idea here for Irish pricing.

http://www.enn.ie/news.html?code=8667200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

i wonder will they enable existing mms handsets (e.g. t68i) or just the new live! ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

From the looks of it, all the phones are gonna have a dirty big Vodafone logo stuck on them. Which phone would be the best outta the three on offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Vodafone Live! is absolute muck. It's just glorified WAP & it's barely operable.

The Nokia 7650 was approved last Friday by Vodafone Irl. so it should hit the shops in about two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

MMS only 3 days away; does anybody know the settings for it yet? :)

Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by bkehoe
    MMS only 3 days away; does anybody know the settings for it yet? :)

Brendan.

Beleive me, they'll let you know the settings. This is being launched in the typical "This is the greatest thing since sliced bread" fashion amid fanfare.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

.... and still no sign of the 7210 :(

Originally posted by Moriarty
    .... and still no sign of the 7210 :(

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=7210

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

they came on my t68i
    but i needed to test with vodafone italy - and now i can't remember them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If only i had the cash to blow on a simfree one, i wouldnt be waiting for vodafone to release it.. :(

OK, I rang vodafone today, and yes MMS has now launched, and they said it was enabled on my account. I got the person I was talking to to email me out the instructions for setting it up on the 7650, and when I set it all up, it wont work. It just keeps delaying message sending for 10mins each time it trys. I'm trying to send it to myself, so maybe thats the problem. Has anyone else managed to get it working?

FYI, the settings are:
    AP - mms.vodafone.net
    User/Pass - dublin
    Authentication - Normal (not Secure)
    Gateway - 10.24.59.200
    Homepage - http://10.29.105.14/servlets/mms

I think those are all the settings needed; just set your phone to use that gprs connection for mms and its supposed to work. ;)

Brendan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by bkehoe
    Has anyone else managed to get it working?

exact same situation here - it tries to connect to the MMS access point mms.vodafone.net (G symbol blinks) - but it fails (box around the G never happens and it returns back the antenna symbol) - and nothing is sent

do they also have to enable the account for access to the MMS access point? - they had to do that when setting me up for WAP and Internet access points (though they might have done that automatically but appears not)

suppose it going to be the same situation as the Voda GPRS WAP and Internat launches - customer support need a couple of days to work out what's going on before it's a smooth set-up experience

vodafone don't seem to prepare or give the information in time to the customer support reps, they are always polite but you just know when someone is reading text off a screen for the first time

Brian G

Same thing with the G here too.
    Well I asked if they had to set it up at their end (vodafone), but the person I was talking to said it was already enabled on my account. I'll be ringing back tomorrow if it still doesnt work. :)
    Re GPRS; I had got them to set me up for the WAP back in April, but when they launched the internet one I didnt need to ring them, though I probably will get the 1MB one for the moment; have to try an O2 sim in the 7650 sometime and see how the signal is in it in my house.
    Brendan.

10 mins and i'll have tried it on my t68i

my t68i came with 2 profiles included for data transfer
    csd and gprs
    and i'm refusing to use gprs at all because its too fking dear.

the csd profile didn't seem to work i'm afraid.

are you sure that the 7650's are setup right?

well i followed the 102 steps they emailed me to the letter :)

just called them to check up as it looked like the MMS access point wasn't allowing me to connect - they said they aren't launching it until the 7th November - and it should work fine then (fingers crossed)

Brian G

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MiCr0
    my t68i came with 2 profiles included for data transfer
    csd and gprs

the csd profile didn't seem to work i'm afraid.

got the HSCSD (28.8k max on Ericssons) set-up and working on the T68i - i use it for checking pop email accounts out and about and sending pics over email - let me know if you want the set-up listed out

Brian G

afaik thats going to be the global access param's
    (we'll they are the same in france and italy)

so roaming shouldn't be an issue

O2 beat Vodafone to the MMS launch- Darth spotted it on their homepage:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=69108

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

I wonder when the official launch is though ... there wasnt much of a song and dance about it

got mms working on vodafone with a t68i, only 93 steps in my e-mail!! works quite well, anyone any idea how much it is costing me though?

here you go for Vodafone MMS

49c (inc VAT) - To send a Picture Message

full more info:
    http://www.vodafone.ie/live/picturemess/index.jsp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i dunno if i'm reading that wrong or what but i make that free only to send the mms's to your online library, and free to browse certain wap type pages...

OK, now when i try to send a message, the g flashes once or twice, stays on for half a second (no box around it), and then it disappears and goes back to the normal antenna symbol. I'm going to ring them to see if it is enabled on my account or what.. :)

• Advertisement

OK, I rang up and they had to enable it on my account. Its now enabled, and the square appears around the G, but message sending still doesnt seem to happen, and it keeps delaying it after trying.

Edit: Eventually it came up that message sending failed, and the details says "Multimedia message centre not responding. Try again later."

Brendan

Advertisement