Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Launching MMS fairly soon in Ireland...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

im using a 7650 on o2 bill pay,
    they sent me the settings on tuesday by txt?
    worked straight away, very fast and easy?
    no free trial though!!!, they even charge you for sending from there web site!!!!
    anyway it seems good but, its very handy for huge txts 1000 characters!!
    good luck voda heads

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

So far i can do MMS to other vodafone ireland people cant seem to get it to work to other networks, incoming from other networks appears but you can open them, also the e-mail function will only work to vodafone.ie send it to another address and it never arrives. Thats my experience so far, anyone else got anything different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Originally posted by sirlinux
    So far i can do MMS to other vodafone ireland people cant seem to get it to work to other networks, incoming from other networks appears but you can open them, also the e-mail function will only work to vodafone.ie send it to another address and it never arrives. Thats my experience so far, anyone else got anything different?

As far as I know you cannot send MMS messages to other networks in Ireland. I read that some where. Vodafone and O2 are apparently going to rectify that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Originally posted by sirlinux
    got mms working on vodafone with a t68i, only 93 steps in my e-mail!! works quite well, anyone any idea how much it is costing me though?

can you post the settings?

filtered my 93 steps down to the ones you need for MMS first off add a data account

Press jogdial key
    Scroll to Connect, Press Yes
    Scroll to Add account, Press Yes
    Select GPRS Data, press Yes
    Enter MMS GPRS as name, Press Yes
    Scroll to APN, Press Yes
    Enter mms.vodafone.net, Press Yes
    Scroll to User Id, Press Yes
    Enter dublin, Press Yes
    Scroll to Password, Press Yes
    Enter dublin, Press Yes
    Scroll to Save, Press Yes

Press No key for 3-4 seconds to clear to normal mode screen.
    Press jogdial key
    Scroll to WAP services, Press Yes.
    Scroll to Options, Press Yes
    Scroll to WAP profiles, Press Yes
    Select Add profile, Press Yes
    Enter MMS WAP as name, Press Yes
    Select Connect using, Press Yes
    Select MMS GPRS, Press Yes
    Scroll to IP address, Press Yes
    Enter 010.024.059.200, Press Yes
    Scroll to Save, Press Yes.
    Scroll to MMS WAP, Press Yes
    Scroll to Edit, Press Yes
    Scroll to Chg Homepage, Press Yes
    Enter MMS WAP as Name, Press Yes
    Enter http://10.29.105.14/servlets/mms as Address, Press Yes
    Press No key for 3-4 seconds to clear to normal mode screen

Press jogdial key
    Scroll to Messaages, Press Yes
    Scroll to MMS, press Yes
    Scroll to Options, Press Yes
    Scroll to Auto download, Press Yes
    Select On, Press Yes
    Scroll to Message Server, Press Yes
    Enter www.vodafone.ie/mms
    Scroll to WAP profile, Press Yes
    Select MMS WAP, Press Yes
    Press No key for 3-4 seconds to clear to normal mode screen.

• Advertisement

http://www.sonyericsson.com has an automatic configuration thing for 02 for the t68 nothing for vodafone yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

So has anyone with a 7650 got MMS working? Still the same problems here.

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by bkehoe
    So has anyone with a 7650 got MMS working? Still the same problems here.
    Brendan

same still in the same position here - tried to get it set up with a Voda bill-pay and pre-pay account - can't send or recieve using a 7650 - rang back a few times thursday - only so much 'cus i like ya i like ya i like i ya i like i ya i like i ya i like... hold music my ear can handle - so left it for the weekend

looks like they have some more 'switches' to flip at their end - or maybe is there something up with the V3.12 firmware and Voda's network (dunno about that as the T68i won't work for me on Voda either) - so think it's more to do with the accounts

got it working with O2 bill-pay and pre-pay with no hassle on each phone - during the call they provisioned MMS on the account and SMSed out the settings to the phones - was able to snap and send with no problems right after

Brian G

Well I've got ver 3.16 firmware, so unless it needs an even newer one; are the Vodafone 7650s in the shops yet? You could ask for a demo and see what software ver they have. :)

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

are the Vodafone 7650s in the shops yet? You could ask for a demo and see what software ver they have.

I think they were supposed to go on sale from last Thursday, sold two handsets on day of launch (woo-hoo :rolleyes:). I'm using 4.36 at the moment. I *think* they're selling this version to Joe Public. 4.37 is on the way too.

• Advertisement

When a MMS message is sent to my phone, it knows that its there, and says retrieving message, the square comes up around the G and stays like that for a while, then just goes back to the antenna symbol and no sign of the message. :(

When a MMS message is sent to my phone, it knows that its there, and says retrieving message, the square comes up around the G and stays like that for a while, then just goes back to the antenna symbol and no sign of the message. :(

any joy yet getting MMS working on the 7650?

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Works fine for me on O2 except sending or recieving from Vodafone ...anyone know when they hope to have that sorted out ?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I've heard contradictory reports on interoperability. Vodafone were saying they were hoping to have it from launch, which obviously didn't happen. O2 sounded less optimistic and merely said that they hoped to have it 'in the coming weeks'. Since it's in both of their interests I can't see them hanging around on this one. Sometime before Christmas is my best guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I'm not sure what to make of these Vodafone 7650 MMS problems. As far as our guys are concerned, the MMS launch was a success and although there were some teething problems the week before the launch, there hasn't been any problems since. I can only suggest that maybe there's a back-log of MMS subscriptions to be processed, although that sounds a little hard to believe.

I think I'm based on an internal MMS server which may be why I'm not experiencing any problems. The service is up and working. Try droping Customer Ops. a line and see if you get anywhere there.

Sending and receiving still dont work here. Same problem all the time. Phone does see that there is a message for it, and pops up 'retrieving message' when I send one to it from the online mms composer, and I cant send anything.

Brendan

had that problem with a t68i at the start, senior tech support person had to sort, you need some sort of different profile than normal one enabled, i.e. the normal customer service people just turn on GPRS but you need other stuff done.

I had GPRS since April, and got MMS enabled last week, after which the phone was able to establish a connection to the MMS AP, something it wasnt able to do before they enabled MMS for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Can those with Voda MMS send to themselves? Its not working for me, does that mean it isnt enabled on my account?

Sending and receiving still dont work here. Same problem all the time. Phone does see that there is a message for it, and pops up 'retrieving message' when I send one to it from the online mms composer, and I cant send anything.

same situation - gave them a call about it again and they suggested i drop into a vodafone store for them to take a look - let you know what comes of it

Brian G

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DubWireless
    same situation - gave them a call about it again and they suggested i drop into a vodafone store for them to take a look - let you know what comes of it

Brian G

Make sure you remember what they do in case whatever they do fixes it! :D

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭ironape

so are the 7650's worth E340 bill or E550 ready to go?

what do people think of them ? I was thinking about getting one but a device like that (and that costs that much) you have to get a feel for to see if you like how it works.

Ape

is there any difference in price if you have your mms system setup to use gprs or csd?

I havent been able to get MMS working by dialup rather than GPRS the number they gave me doesnt seem to work.

i can get it to work no problems with csd
    any one else?

whats your dial up number user name and password?

i'm using my vodafone wap account as the data account
    phone: +353872292222
    username/password: dublin

[edited to add an extra 2]

I've HSCSD set up for emails and webbrowsing, and it doesnt appear in the Access Point list in the MMS settings. Same thing with RealOne player when I tried it; only GPRS APs were available.

is there something odd up with e-merge wap using hscsd?
    it isn't working @ all for me :(
    it will only connect @ 9600

• Advertisement

Havent used wap using the dialup number since the GPRS trials started, though I'll give it a go in a few mins to see.

Brendan

Advertisement