Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Launching MMS fairly soon in Ireland...

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Just tried; the number you gave is invalid. Will dig up an old phone with the settings on it sometime this afternoon.

Brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

made a post about this a while ago, they blocked hscsd access to the wap number the day they started charging for GPRS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

so no hscsd so - thats not very nice now is it

back to my Q - gprs and mms - is it charged as a gprs call or just the mms message?

Just the MMS message.

hmm
    i keep getting gprs parameters not supported when i try to use gprs
    any ideas?

• Advertisement

Even WAP gprs, or just MMS? If with WAP too, then is GPRS enabled on your account?

BTW, something else wierd; GPRS does not work in New-Ross town. It was the same with my T39; no gprs connections possible in the town.

Brendan

If your getting that on a t68 it means your giving the wrong APN name.

apn for my mms grps a/c is set to
    mms.vodafone.net - right?

thats right, looks like MMS isnt set up on your account right, time to enjoy the music on 1907

http://www.sonyericsson.com/uk/spg.jsp?page=start

they now have an auto config for vodafone mms

• Advertisement

I was wondering if someone with MMS working on Vodafone could try sending me a message? PM me if you want to and I'll send my number.

Brendan

Thanks to Micr0 and sirlinux for sending me a message.

No matter what way the phone settings are, it never tries to download the message. Instead I get a sms saying
    You have received a Picture message. You can view this message in the near future on www.vodafone.ie. A text msg will advise when this service is available

I'm guessing something isnt set up right on vodafones end?

Brendan

it sounds to me like you have a "legacy" phone.
    thats what an mms system should do to old phones.
    it should also send you a url to collect the mms - but i guess they haven't implemented that part yet

get one to voda and slap some heads
    what handset is it btw?

On hold with the annoying music right now. ;) I've a 7650.

It works!!!!!!!! :D

They sent me totally different settings (including the settings for the vodafone live site), and also enabled vodafone live on my account (two people on seperate occasions claimed they'd done this before, but aparrantly not). Just sent and received a few messages with Micr0, so it certainly works. :)

The homepage for the MMS AP is: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    Vodafone Live! AP is: live.vodafone.com, homepage is: http://live.vodafone.com/, user/pass:dublin, Gateway: 10.24.59.100
    I can forward the instructions to anyone who requires them; just pm me your email.

Brendan.

Vodafone Live! looks very good. :) I notice they've disabled my normal plain WAP though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

So has anyone managed to send a mms message from vodafone to O2 (or vice/versa) yet ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by bkehoe
    It works!!!!!!!! :D
    They sent me totally different settings (including the settings for the vodafone live site), and also enabled vodafone live on my account.

excellent - thanks for the heads up on this last night Brendan

could connect to the Live! WAP site straight away but had a hard time getting the MMS sorted - told all was well their side - but it still kept failing on the 7650 and T68i at the GPRS connection - then 4pm arrives (any significance?) it all started working :)

Ahhhh - no more Bohemian Like You!!! although.... if you browse around the ringtones section of the Live! site you can download it to your phone ;)

Brian G

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    So has anyone managed to send a mms message from vodafone to O2 (or vice/versa) yet ???

nope:

O2 MMS to Voda -> receive SMS saying to pick up a picture message on o2.ie login with Voda mobile no and supplied pin

Voda MMS to O2 -> nothing (as yet) - will post of anyhting comes tomorrow

Brian G

yep my t68i (voda) is now fully operational
    i had a problem with email and the very helpful gavin in data support sorted that out.
    mms over gprs - sorted
    email over csd/gprs - sorted

happy days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

No joy with my GD87 :(

I can send messages, but I cant recieve them, even when I send to myself.

I went to the Voda store and the guy in there tried loads of times to send me a message. Two out of I dont know how many "got through" as in, The MMS would be detected, my phone would connect to the server, break of the connection with a failure notice and id have to download it manually by viewing an error notice that my phone had generated.

Tech support couldnt send me a message either. Im assuming its all network related and will be sorted out sooner or later yeah?

Only problem I had was that it took around 90 mins to be delivered once.

Btw. access to Vodafone Live! seems to be free, which is good; those pics would soon add up.
    live.vodafone.com 2002 Nov 18 21:25:55 00:04:02 €0.00
    All of them are like that. :D

Brendan

Originally posted by bkehoe
    Btw. access to Vodafone Live! seems to be free, which is good; those pics would soon add up.

All of them are like that. :D

cool :)

been asking Voda why they don't display the Volume rather than the Duration for GPRS sessions online... and have a total Kb displayed in the summary

O2 show the Volume per call online - but no total (asked them for this too)

BrianG

is it worth getting setup for live! given that they (seemingly) disable regular wap?

if you are only using it in the T68i then not really - i've to swap the sim around phones so on the T68i i set up the live access point and set the homepage URL to wap.e-merge.ie and it worked as it did before

if you browse the live site on the T68i you get a messaging saying it's not a supported handset and a link to get to the e-merge.ie wap portal

HTH,
    Brian G

Advertisement