Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNN kicked out of Iraq

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Icehouse

At least we won't be getting our American propoganda from them this time then (assuming George Bushman goes ahead with his war). Call me naive, but I'm shocked at how biased news channels can be (BBC, which has a great reputation included, unfortunately). Sky News were pretty decent for a while but are becoming more tabloid/sensationalist/Brit-centric. Let's hope there'll be a miracle and no war to cover. Then again maybe the Israelis and Palestinians will see the error of their ways too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭telecinesk

well good riddance to cnn. next is fox news and finally cbs or nbc.Then we will be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I like Fox News but it is so feckin hypocritical and biased.Its entertaining and informative,but god damn they love Bush and hate the democrats.
    And as for their presenters/pundits-among them Oliver North,last heard of for illegally selling weapons to Iran,and Mark Fuhrman,the extremely racist police officer who tried to frame OJ Simpson(though whether it was a set up or an illegal attempt to push the wheels of justice isnt certain).
    Honestly,they moan constantly about law and order in the states and they employ these two!
    Then again there are quite a few crooks on ruperts payroll-Ive yet to see a sky 1 documentary which doesnt star Mad Frankie Fraser or anybody else not involved with the Krays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

so Saddam is pissed off about being told of the fine hotels around the world where you can watch CNN. who'd blame him. CNNI is a load of rubbish. i'm slowly starting to hate all the satellite news channels. BBC News 24 is the only one i watch on a regular basis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

I remember seeing fux news for a few minutes. It was the closest i came to ever pukeing while watching tv.
    It actually did come close to physically disgusting me.
    I saw some cbs reporting and said to myself how come american opinion is so lobsided, this seems vaguely even handed.
    I then remembered that america is simply the most unsucky country in the world and all the others are very sucky except for britland which has partial suck status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

I'm often facisnated by the channel not for the news content but for the reporting!! I actually wouldn't mind it so much of the channel existing but the claim of "free and fair news" is an unfunny joke. Traditionally CNN has a Democrat bias but at least it's a but more subtle about itself and doesn't claim to be "balanced".

As a fact, all news services are biased to some extent, but some are far far worse than others...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Who will now film the cruise missiles floating down main street Baghdad towards Sad's Palace. I mean Sad did try to kill George's Pa, or is that Paw or just that other idiot.

Advertisement