Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc CL 230 1993

Options
  • 25-10-2002 1:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

Saw one advertised for 15,899 Euro. 90000 Miles. Looks in excellent condition. Is this too much? What would be a fair price?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 dagerbil

Hey thanks for that Mercury_Tilt, you seem to know your s**t! To be honest I was not even in the mood for a change but I saw that little gem on the side of the road with a sale sign on her and I just hads to stop the car and leer into her. I was toying with the idea of a BMW 325 Coupe 3/4 years old but this thing has just stolen my heart. There is no doubt she is not the youngest chic on the block but she looks great!! Black with grey interior. I am in love!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

If you like that sort of thing.A merc is sort of the refined car with an old man image whereas a Bmw gives you a young classy prestige image.
    Don`t buy either a merc or 325i coupe.Buy a 328i coupe.With 16000 you could get at least a `96 or if your lucky a `97. A friend of mine has a black 328i coupe and it is beautiful.It`s just short of 200 BHP.Only 1 step down from an M3.Which reminds me there`s a M3 for sale in the car buyers guide for 17000 for a `95. Hope I was of some assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

cl 230 is a very nice car.
    if you buy a merc they keep there value,
    bmx do not keep there value as well (ie why you can by a 96 for the same price)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Bo Duke

Bmw actually do keep their value they just aren`t as high priced in the first place.As well Bmw`s don`t look as outdated as the merc does.My fathers `91 merc van had the same design instrumentation as the merc cars had up to `98.Bmw has alot better build quality.A Merc does`t have the upper class image it used to have and their workmanship has dropped hugely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement