Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD player recommendations plz

Options
  • 25-10-2002 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

My 5 yr old Panasonic AV 160 is dying slowly cant complain got my monies worth but need to get a new one.

The AV 160 is giving erros on region 1 and 2 dvds and knocking it on and off a few times seems to fix it but im sure its only a matter of time before it just wont come back on.
    Picture qualily was excellent so looking for a reasonably priced quality player.

Have 5.1/DTS amp so only need visuals :)

Anyone know a good one.

kdja

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I bought a Technics DV-3000 from Richer Sounds. It's cheap, undoubtedly far from the best, but I'm totally satisfied with it.

They sell it with a multi-region upgrade already installed (it's a hardware upgrade).

The unit is a re-branded Shinco with uprated components on the soundstage.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I have a Sony DAV S300, bought it there last year for about 499 notes.
    Top jobbie, woofer and six satellites speaker. Have it connected to the pc and satellite so it gets plenty of use.

Only problem is that is only region 2 and it cannot play cd-r but as far as I know they have the S500 which does or they newer version of the S300 that may have it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Kdja

I have a pioneer 636D which I may be selling off to upgrade.
    It is top of the range and recieved 5 stars from what hifi (and loads of others). Picture and sound are both stunning. Only problem is it doesn't play MP3's which is why I'm upgrading. It has a software hack installed (by retailer) and I have had no problems playing any multiregion discs. I paid approx £450stg for it.

Review and pics can be seen here and here

If your interested let me know.

BTW yop thats a fantastic system from what I hear. Also clean out your pm's :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

It is a good one alright daveg, pity it is not multi region thought, probably can be chipped, never looked into it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

My current player is a Marantz 4100ose and I would recommend it highly. It has handled every disk I have thrown at it R1, R2, R3, R4, RCE the lot and never had problems (well except for the ones that Xtravision hired out to people who like coating DVD's with Jam and the like).

I bought mine from www.richersounds.ie over a year ago I still think they are selling them.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://www.richersounds.ie/asp/ViewProducts.asp?CatID=7&ProductID=3588

This is looking like the one im getting.

:)

Kdja

Advertisement