Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Teletext problems- help wanted

• 25-10-2002 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

I'm having no joy receiving teletext on my system (Pace box/FTV card/no sub). I get no text info. at all, or sometimes very garbled text. Different channels are almost all the same, but TCM text seems to work OK most of the time!!! Interactive functions all work fine, and signal strength/quality is good (70%/80%).

I'm not a huge user of text services, but if I want to check the latest footie scores/news while watching sat. tv, I have to go back to terrestrial text, which is a pain in the........

Any ideas please? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

a reboot always works for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

How do I do that?

turn off your digibox
    disconnect the power
    wait 10/20 seconds
    reconnect the power and turn on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Darby OGill

Thanks, I'll try that. Should I leave the card in, take it out or does it not matter either way?:confused:

dunno if it makes a difference, but i always leave the card in

• Advertisement
Advertisement