Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heskey *donates* £100,000 to Leceister F.C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I thought 100k was a bit cheap myself!

Q. How many famous ex-Leceister City players are there?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well done to him. if only all pro footballers were the same

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I thought 100k was a bit cheap myself!

I wondered how long before someone would say that.:rolleyes:

I think it is a great gesture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think its a fine gesture, but thats all it is, about 3 weeks
    pay. I was wondering about Walkers Crisps, they have a strong association with the club, being based in Leciester. I'm sure they could lend a hand they need about 3 million I think.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

arent leicester and walkers owned by the same fella?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by mike65

Q. How many famous ex-Leceister City players are there?

Gary Lineker and Neil Lennon are two that spring to mind

[delve mode]

Looks like Gordon banks, Peter Shilton, Gary McAllister and Alan Smith are all ex foxes. mildly interesting :)

[/delve]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

anyone who will give ANY money to hel out a club that helped them so much in the past is a nice bloke or bird.

as for the amount well he gave what he wanted and he knows the club that bit better than any of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by mike65
    I think its a fine gesture, but thats all it is, about 3 weeks
    pay.

Well when was the last time anyone here gave a full 3 weeks+ pay to anything that didn't benefit themself?

I don't know if it's just Heskey being generous or whether he has his own vested interests in the LCFC but if it is the former then he should be commended. The rift between the large and small in the league is widening everday and it seems that since the giants of the english game are too shortsighted to help out those below them that its unfortunately being left up to the players themselves to do it.

Weird link there between Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton! If I'm not mistaken both keepers were actually at LCFC at the same time! And as well as that I seem to remember reading somewhere that the pair were also together at Stoke for a period and also as England players of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Fair play to Heskey - doesnt quite rank up there with Niall Quinns testimonial donation to charity but displays a bit of concern for his old club which will go down well with the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Pigman

Weird link there between Gordon Banks and Peter Shilton! If I'm not mistaken both keepers were actually at LCFC at the same time! And as well as that I seem to remember reading somewhere that the pair were also together at Stoke for a period and also as England players of course.

I didnt think shilton was that old. Did he play for england at the same time as Banks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Originally posted by Dustaz
    I didnt think shilton was that old. Did he play for england at the same time as Banks?

Just checked it out!

Shilton Born 18/9/49
    1966-74 Leicester City
    1974-77 Stoke City
    +
    1970-90 England

Banks Born 20/12/37
    1959-67 Leicester City
    1967-72 Stoke City
    +
    1963-72 England

So they DIDN'T play together at Stoke! But Shilton definetly was Banks understudy at Leicester and the had two years together in the England panel. Also, I seem to remember seeing a few seconds of the England WC70 side training and if my eyes weren't decieving me Shilton was there with the rest of them in Mexico? Presumably then at that stage Shilton was the 3rd choice goalie behind Banks and Peter Bonetti?

Advertisement