Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good ISP For ISDN Internet

Options
  • 25-10-2002 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭

to get dual channel isdn ..
    u must use subscription eircom ?

what are good dual channel isdn isp's i?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

oceanfree dial up number: 1890 923 204
    username: oceanfree
    password: oceanfree

this has been asked so much i think there should be a sticky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

There's a link in the FAQ, but I guess no-one looks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

I found Indigo to be Excellent, really good isp... except the pay per minute thing :(

But, I used to connect all the time, first attempt and the pings were really low for online gaming.. The pings were the same as ppl in england with adsl !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

is indigo good for dual channel?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I use ISDN when at home and use Oceanfree for dual channel connections for larger downloads. I'm not sure but i don't think you have to subscribe to eircom anymore for a dual connection

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

Originally posted by GUI_XP
    to get dual channel isdn ..
    u must use subscription eircom ?

what are good dual channel isdn isp's i?

After trying all of the isps, I came to the conclusion utv internet is the best and most reliable/fast isp for dual or single isdn. Never had any problems.

Oh and details on their site, it's free apart from local call charges

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

After trying all of the isps, I came to the conclusion utv internet is the best and most reliable/fast isp for dual or single isdn. Never had any problems.

I concur. Search for the word "recommend" on my username and you'll find I have done for quite some time. :)

adam

Originally posted by LoGiE
    I'm not sure but i don't think you have to subscribe to eircom anymore for a dual connection

You do. It's only single channel access on the free dialup numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

I found Indigo to be Excellent, really good isp... except the pay per minute thing

Hmm, I use my father's business Indigo 1891 account to dial up during the day..

Has always only worked with 56k modem.. using my ISDN TA to try and get a 64k connection I always get:
    The computer you're dialing in to cannot establish a Dial-Up Networking connection.
    Check your password, and then try again.

Do I need to sign up for access? Not paying an extra penny to them if they charge for ISDN access...
    It'd be nice to be able to get a bit more speed for my 1.9c/min though...

• Advertisement

Just rang Indigo to finally get round to asking about it..
    Apparently you need to pay something like an extra 40 quid a year to get even single ISDN... What a joke! Already pay them for the ISDN line, then subscription and now they want another charge?

The support guy agreed with me that the price was "shockin'"...
    When I told him he should give out to his bosses about it, he said he already had! Even the staff know we're being screwed..

Hope Eircom get a good kick up the arse by the new regulations..

Originally posted by David C
    Already pay them for the ISDN line, then subscription and now they want another charge?

You don't pay them, you pay Eircom Ireland for the line.

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    You don't pay them, you pay Eircom Ireland for the line.
    I hardly pay Eircom France for it...
    Indigo is part of Eircom as is Eircom.net... It's all going into Eircom's pockets either way..

I hardly pay Eircom France for it...

Very clever. Eircom Ireland is the name the phone section of Eircom is generally referred to as.

The ISPs are seperate to the phone section, the money you pay for the ISDN line will not be seen by Eircom net/Indigo.
    They make their money from subscription charges etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

IOL Gold is good and cheap for 1891 access. (64k only) ~€12 p/m
    Eircom is poor and expensive ~€30 (128k) p/m
    Esat Business and VIA net are cheaper than eircom/indigo. Give them a call is you need 1891 128k otherwise iol gold is best.

This assumes you need 1891 access (cheaper daytime access)

Consider ADSL, if your thinking of 1891 128k.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

Just rang Indigo to finally get round to asking about it..
    Apparently you need to pay something like an extra 40 quid a year to get even single ISDN... What a joke!

Thats why it's such an excellent service !!! no-one is on it :D Its my company's account, 128k iswell. But seriously, it is the best around for online gaming, my isdn pings were so excellent with it, now I'm on Utv :eek: which is a bit of a shocker when your use to sub 50 pings to barrysworld

Unfortunatly, the @indgio.ie email address for the business has used on letter heads etc. for ages.
    Going to try to persuade a change to a cheaper ISP with ISDN none the less and get those letterheads changed!

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I find www.elive.ie pretty good for dual isdn, and it's free

Advertisement