Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shutdown Windows

• 26-10-2002 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

I'm runnin xp
    done a format the other day
    now whenever i try and shut down the pc just restarts
    can any1 help ?

Ste

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

I had that problem on 2 older PCs here. Windows Update fixed one of them, but the other still rebooted everytime I said shutdown. In the end it was fixed by disabling hibernation or APM completely - can't remember which, sorry! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

i have the same problem with win2k
    sometimes when i select shutdown it will reboot and other times it will shut down :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

tried turning off hibernation that didnt work

ok cheers them links have pointed me in the right direction

mucho grassius

Ste

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had a similar problem with my old machine. I don't know if the MS links above address this solution as I haven't looked at them, but disabling "Wake on LAN" features in my system BIOS and Windows sorted it out.

turns out it was because of easy cd creator
    just uninstalled it and that sorted it.

Advertisement