Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kerrypages.com

Options
  • 26-10-2002 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I was told to come up with an idea how to raise funds for my class, transition year using computers. I came up with the idea that we could make a website where we advertise companies of kerry for say 20 euro a year. If we manage to get 1000 companies/business's or pubs etc. we get 20,000. I think its a goo idea anyway.

I need feedback on http://www.kerrypages.com Its under major construction at the moment. Its driving totally by php with a mysql database backend.

this is what i've done in the control panal so far: http://www.kerrypages.com/control/ I havn't protected this directory yet. its just beta yet so ye can mess round if ye want.

Tell me what ye think please.

Donal :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭donaloconnor

anybody lol...i'm begining to loose interest in the site..need someone to boost my confidence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

very blue, good idea - keep up the werky etc.:o

Thanks a lot BazH. :D

maybe i`d tone down the blue a bit, but then again i whored the green a bit at www.cmeire.com

Try and use more colour images like the one at the bottom of the page, and have the business`s the oportunity to update there bit(eg news, promos etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Looks good, if you can make 20k out of advertising in Kerry you should get into advertising full time!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

its a nice design, kinda calming :D

even tho i didnt use such fancy things as a databse etc, take a gander at www.mitchelstownba.net

if its helpful to you then great !

Thanks for the suggestions! Once i get the php programmed i will concentrate more on colours. Your site is great too BazH. :)

Talk to ye later.

DEad link Gone Shootin :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

yes i spotted that when i posted it, blast !!

/gone send strongly worded email to easily.co.uk

in the meantime, the mirror :

http://homepage.eircom.net/~mitchelstownba/

Cool nice site :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

No doubts it is a nice site But that large void of white space at the top right I would move the Bottom image up there and get rid of What the hell is this a picture of??????? as it dosent look professional if you are going to promote this site for adverting .

But still a very good idea and I hope it turns out to be succesful ........ and DSL been launched in Killarney next week its all happening for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

ahh now I get it very Clever I like it Forget what I said about the Picture Thingy..

lol. :D

...and the last horse crosses the line :p

Advertisement