Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When u need a good cry...

Options
  • 26-10-2002 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any songs they put on when they feel like a good cry?
    After last night that's just what I feel like doing...
    Anyone else out there as sad as I am?!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

AAAHHH Poor Baby!!!!

I don't know why your sad..but "the dark is rising" by mercury rev is definetely one for me......but that's only relationship problems....
    You know when you just wish that you can find that someone special....whose not an absolute nutcase!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

ya see this is more of a personal thing than ya think...songs only make ya sad or whatever (most of the time anyway) because they remind ya oof situations ot circumstances when you were sad or when something bad happens...

i've got a few strange ones i must admit...but they're about as likely as pie being found on the moon to have the same affect on ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

if its a relationship thing... then its memory songs

for me:

dont i hold you -by- wheat
    bulletproof -by- radiohead
    blowers daughter -by- damien rice
    american english -by- idlewild
    iris -by- goo goo dolls (i know shut up)

anything off the devlins 'waiting' album

Originally posted by polarbelly

iris -by- goo goo dolls (i know shut up)

why the shut up? i've some weirder ones...i've got

nobody knows - the tony rich project (r&b rappy ppl)
    why does it always rain on me? - travis
    half the world away - oasis

some ppl are a lot less understanding/ open minded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭beretta

wow, i can't believe someone said that "american english" makes them cry - i thought i was the only one! i remember seeing idlewild at glastonbury last summer... everyone around me was singing and dancing and i was crying my eyes out. i don't know why that song affects me so much, but it does.

another song that always gets me is "every mistake" by turn. couldn't believe when they played it last thursday... man, it kills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Its a personal thing i think

Dont be sad and want to cry - listen to some happy songs to make u smile!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

aww Mick, ya big softie!
    Rapture Queen, I tried listening to happy music but I just couldn't get into it. I'll try again later!

just listen to brando....that should cheer ya up...you being you n all...although that might remind you of the breakup and sadden you further...

listen to some monty python soundtracks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im not much of a cryer, and even less of a person who has music they cry to. if i get to the stage where i do cry, im usually in too much of a state to put music on.

songs that have made me cry have usually been songs from the musicals, due to the story line.

although bulletproof by radiohead had inndeed made me watery eyes, as has playground lover by air, and the theme from the virginsuicides. and the thinner the air by the cocteau twins. so now u know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Fake plastic watering cans...sniff sniff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

listen to some sugarcubes if you want to cheer up quickly.. (especially motorcycle mama.. happiest song ever)
    otherwise just stick low in the cd player..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

actually....here's a plan
    stick on the smiths, and the fact that there's someone out there who's an even bigger miserable bastard then u(not u personally...!) might just be enough to cheer you up :)

An even bigger miserable bastard? I'm not a miserable bastard! I was only asking if anyone listened to tunes when they're sad and if so, what tunes. I'm not a big bundle of tears or an emotional mess!

I did find a song that makes me cry if I'm in the right mood: Don't Follow by Alice in Chains

she said not you personally!!! don't you read you miserable bastard!!! hehehehehe

the fact that there's someone out there who's an even bigger miserable bastard then u

Ok, read it again. I know she said not me personally but it didn't make sense. She was actually referring to ME...an even bigger miserable bastard than who...ME! I know what she means tho...I think. She's a confusing girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

Originally posted by Kurdt
    listen to some monty python soundtracks

i concur...listenin to one of them (dont remember which one) yesterday, got me crying...with laughter!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭stickinikki

oh and as for songs that make me cry..or at least, depressed.

shiver by coldplay..the scientist is pretty damn sad too

scattered..greenday

hmm, i was sure there was more...but, i dunno, cant think..

->nikki

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

your sweet voice by the reindeer section
    or
    sad lisa by cat stevens
    or
    forever autumn by the moody blues
    or
    The fields of atherny (for quite personal reasons)
    or
    The Dance by garth brooks (hehehe yeah i know shut up)

they're just some i can think of im more angry at the mo so cant think of sad songs unless im feelin sorry for myself! *sniff*

hehehe!

:D:p:p:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I fall apart by Rory Gallagher

Download or buy it now or lead a life of eternal musical emptiness.

That song is my prime pick for moments of self indulgent warbling & bawling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Achille

I dont have crying-songs, but I do have depressed-songs.
    Im far too manly for all that crying business... either that or I have deeply rooted emotional issues that prevent me from venting my real feelings. Uh-oh.

Anyway, my picks...
    The entire 'Heartbreaker' album by Ryan Adams
    Dont I Hold You - Wheat
    Life In A Glasshouse - Radiohead
    Off He Goes - Pearl Jam
    Going To California - Led Zep (no matter how sad you are, you always gotta have some Zep!!)

oh, and yeah, its a personal thing blah blah blah :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

"San Diego Serenade" by Tom Waits.......really does bring a tear to my eyes anyway !!! Give it a shot.
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

Originally posted by Sandi
    Ok, read it again. I know she said not me personally but it didn't make sense. She was actually referring to ME...an even bigger miserable bastard than who...ME! I know what she means tho...I think. She's a confusing girl.

i reckon shes a very confusing girl but i also reckon she meant u in the general term...in the same way that one is used in the general term....

aha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Tara

If I'm feeling blue...usually put on Tori Amos' Under the Pink album. Last track always got to me - Anastsia - I think. But then to get out of that funk, usually throw on some Ani DiFranco!

a few more emotional ones

mahogany, snow patrol

an olive grove facing the sea, snow patrol

no distance left to run, blur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Heart Attack - Turn
    Hallelujah - Jeff Buckley

they don't really make me cry but they make me think sad thoughts.............

...more from me...

anything from the new feeder album...it focuses a lor on the drummers suicide...very dark album...very good mind you! nothing like any of their previous stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

My potentially emotionally hysterical songs.....its a strange list...
    I would prescribe to the idea that its a lot to do with what you associate the songs with in your own life or the times as well as the lyrics etc.

Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits
    Free Falling - Tom Petty
    Loss - Biohazard
    Working Class Hero - Lennon
    Nancy Spain - Christy Moore
    Creep - Stone Temple Pilots
    Black - Pearl Jam
    Sweet Child o Mine & Estranged - GnR
    Stay together for the Kids- Blink 182
    Redundant - Green Day
    Peeping Tom - Placebo
    Marchall Mathers - Eminem(wierd huh?)
    Swallowed & Glycerine - Bush
    Fade to Black - Metallica (My god this is bleak)
    Darkest Hour - Megadeth ( Dave "loadsa pain" Mustaine at his best / worst depending on your view point)
    Hollow - Pantera

sniff sniff - Trev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Originally posted by Sandi

I did find a song that makes me cry if I'm in the right mood: Don't Follow by Alice in Chains

Don't Follow is a real gem , I love that song so well sung you know its a song of utter lonliness...add that one to my list!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

I don't cry when I listen to music 'cos I'm big and hard!!! Ah no, songs that make me feel emotional or whatever...

Don't Follow - A.I.C.
    Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits
    South - Polar
    First track off the new Sigur Ros album
    Lord I Guess I'll Never Know - The Verve
    Don't Cry/November Rain - G'N'R

Oh, and You'll Never Walk Alone. That one's a bit embarassing, I know, but it's for personal reasons, so there ya go!

Advertisement