Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When u need a good cry...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sunny

Between the Bars - Elliot Smith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits
    Free Falling - Tom Petty

Both of these songs are classics. I think Comet by Brando might bring a tear to my eye at the moment. Hmm...I'll go check now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭indie_chick

think of one of the most meaningful songs when some one broke your heart and have a good cry........

jeff buckley...hallelujah!!!!

gets me in time

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭buzzerbuckley

i know its over - the smiths
    years go by - the devlins
    clotheshorse- a house
    tanker park salute-billy bragg
    i kicked a boy - the sundays
    no one takes you home-katryn williams
    tenderness-pony club
    universal-nina hynes
    drauning maud land-fat lady sings
    pictures of you-the cure
    ghosts-japan
    ghosts-the jam
    circle-edie bricke
    i`ll take the rain -rem
    plauteau-the frames
    i know very well how i got my name-morrissey
    god give me strength-elvis costelloe
    la cienega just smiled-ryan adams
    bachelor kisses-go betweens
    keep it -dexys
    dead flowers-the prayerboat
    suffer little children-the smiths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭shep the malevolent pixie

last goodbye, lover you should have come over- jeff buckley
    letter to elise, pictures of you- the cure
    don't i hold you- wheat
    back of my hand, let a good thing go..the whole gemma hayes album actually..
    iris- goo goo dolls
    luna, disarm, hummer- smashing pumpkins
    black, release- pearl jam
    whether- king adora
    asleep- the smiths

and that's only some of them.....so many crappy memories...:rolleyes:
    sHep :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

the tourist radiohead
    selective memory eels:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

thank you kurdt
    it wasnt a direct reply to sandi, but more a reply to everyone in general, i was using you in the plural hence: (not you personally) and im bloody glad i stuck that in as an afterthough otherwise id be in even bigger doo doo than i already am.

anyway
    sunshine on my shoulders by john denver
    asleep by the smiths i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

u r a big doo doo rosemary

FFS. Stop bringing down the tone of the threads. It's always you Johnnynolegs.

Just as I thought, Comet by Brando did indeed have an effect. (they have their farewell gig date confirmed btw, but I'll let Elton spread the word first) :( Methinks I'll be bringing a box of tissues!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Any of you guys ever seen Les Miserables? I was at it a few years back. I swear, there were NO dry eyes when I left! Some of the songs of that, and a few of Freddie Mercury's solo stuff (Love Kills in particular) would get me close to tears anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

Two songs guarenteed to make me cry every time would be 'adams song' by blink 182 and 'lost myself' by the longpigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭dccarm

In my miserable student days, two albums guaranteed to do it were the Red House Painters (I think its 'Grace Cathedral Park' - that's definitely one of the songs on it) and the Cowboy Junkies - The Caution Horses. They really should carry a health warning though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

"The comedy is over" A House...god I miss those guys soooo much!!
    Although Dave is bringing out a solo album nexy year!!! HORRAY!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Tom - you see DAve Couse in TBMC? Supported by Olie from Turn - great stuff!

Back to the point on the thread... ahem, I'm a man so I don't cry BUT IF I did, maybe I won't share you by the Smiths, or Antisocial by Turn. Oh, and Folk Song by the Sundays. Oh, and the whole friggin album Grace by Buckley!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Yeah....had to pull a sickie from work to go...but christ it was worth it!!!!:p :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

love ridden- fiona apple

My goodness Mick! You pulled this thread up from the depths, didn't you! I thought it was long gone! I haven't come across any more songs that make me cry. I came across one that used to but doesn't anymore tho - The Bangles - Eternal Flame.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Music that makes me cry is "the kiss" from the last of the mohicans soundtrack also moonlight sonata by Beethoven The REd Violin by John Corigliano and My thoughts be Bloody by Patrick Doyle.

The songs that remind me of people that ive lost make me cry there's a Rod Sewart song that reminds me of my nan coz she loved it hehe funny really.....

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Cherry

Moonlight Serenade by Glenn Miller .. sniffle.

With or Without You by U2 .. instant weepy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

yep sandi, it was on page 30 or something...just heard that song today and got all emotional and for some reason thought of this thread so said why not... i knew approx where it was so it wasnt too bad

dunno if i mentioned them before but

an olive grove facing the sea - snow patrol
    mahogany - snow patrol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

two songs that make me sad are: No Signs of Pain by Azure Ray and Falling by Lacuna Coil.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

..mmm, do you mean sad crying or coming in from the pub and a little bit emotional? Either way, my 5 for the eyes are:

- that certain sadness - astrid gilberto
    - you're not the only one - the sundays
    - Katy's Song - red house painters
    - I get along without you very well - Chet baker
    - lilac wine - nina simone or Jeff buckley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

love ridden by fiona apple is indeed a gem, and its near;ly made me cry on occasion

cant believe theres a song out there with my name spelled the way i spell it, people are always giving out to me for the way i (or my mother chose) to spell katy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

dont know if anyone has mentioned it yet but any of the tunes on pinkerton by weezer usually tug at the old heart strings

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭mumblin deaf ro

Actually Ms Drowner, how do you pronounce that spelling - is it 'Ka-thee' or 'Kay-tee'? Either way, it's a nice name. You should keep it if you get married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Sandrius

Hmm for me it's very much The One by the Foo Fighters and You know your Right by Nirvana. Two great songs they just drege up alot of memories :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I saw this thread and thought 'When was Sandi sad?? Poor Sandi!!' then I saw the date.....

The songs that actually make me sob like a loon are :

Tonight Tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins

And off the same cd...the song at the very end...ummm...the one with the line 'The sun shines, but I don't...the silver rain, will wash away....and you can tell...it's just as well....'

Man, I cry every time.

I don't cry easily.....well, I cried lots at 'The Iron Giant'...everytime someone said 'Superman' in my presence for ages later I started again. I'm such a sop sometimes, me.

And 'Antisocial' by Turn as well. I'm not sure why, but especially live. I dunno, its just a very..er...'charged' song or something.

Oh yeah, and 'The Dance' by Garth Brooks, for personal reasons. As much as I hate Garth and all he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Minidee

two which always make me a tad weepy are Gin & Tonic Sky-Mundy and Dont I hold you by Wheat.. although Im sure I will think of a few more...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Mojo Pin, and most of grace - Jeff Buckley
    Brothers in arms, romeo and juliet - Dire Straits
    yesterday - Beatles
    Imagine - John Lennon
    Aint no Sunshine - Bill Withers
    Angel at my table - The Frames
    patience - GNR
    Black - Pearl Jam
    My sweet prince - placebo
    brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
    The One I love - REM

They're all mine. Though under certain circumstances i find dire straits stuff depressing....i wanna be able to play like Mark Knopfler!!

Advertisement