Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Esat up too there old tricks

Options
  • 26-10-2002 12:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭

I was wondering , and maybe others have thought about this to but are Esat up to there old tricks selling a great product 512 k dl 256 pl for €90 per month no cap and you can network it and your modem is included ..............and then when the market is flooded they move backwards and put a cap on it or they wont let you network anymore because there using up to much bandwidth ........... Im still very sceptic after all they shut down no Limits because it was been abused LOL and whats the contention ratio going to be like ????? I have no preference over any ISP or telco just a realiable service can anyone clear this up for me as I want to get Esat DSL but Im Not sure?????????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The NoLimits service was shut down because of Eircom. Their ADSL service is not related to this, and as far as I am aware of there are absolutely no plans to introduce a cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Lionheart

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    The NoLimits service was shut down because of Eircom. Their ADSL service is not related to this, and as far as I am aware of there are absolutely no plans to introduce a cap.

My No Limits contract was with Esat and it was they -not Eircom- who decided that No Limits did not after all mean no limits.

The exact same thing applies to ADSL. Esat will say it has no limits but just wait and see. As soon as they have enough people roped in they will retain the low usage customers and tell the other to get lost as they are using it too much bandwidth.

Oh and by the way those low usage customers will be told that their monthly charge will be increased.

Yes, that is how Esat deals with their customers. I know, I was one of those customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Lionheart
    My No Limits contract was with Esat and it was they -not Eircom- who decided that No Limits did not after all mean no limits.

how many more times does this have to be beaten to death before people realise what happened. Your contract was with Esat. Their contract was with eircom. Esat could NOT afford to continue the Nolimits service the way it was going. The way they handled it was wrong, but the actual business decision was a correct one and they had EVERY right to do it according to the T&C's of the contract you signed.

The rest of your post is pure conjecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭skrobe

"Oh and by the way those low usage customers will be told that their monthly charge will be increased."

Where did you come up with this theory? I am one of the 18,000 lucky ones who are still with No Limits and Esatbt have never increased any, voice or internet, charges. Esat are still being charged at per min rates, by EIRCOM, to provide no limits. In fact over two years I have been getting speeds of 44k's to 49, and never under that. Ive being unable to connect on one day for about 3 hours, techs told me would be 2hrs. Im not defending esat's decsion to cut 2,000 off their services but in light of Eircoms abuses of both advertising and 'off book" charges they were and still are at a huge trading disadvantage.
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

Are Esat up too there old tricks
    Sorry, but two spelling mistakes (and two grammatical errors) in one subject is too much.

It should read:

Is ESAT up to their old tricks?

To be fair to them, NetSmart is an acceptable alternative to UTVip.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It should read:

Is ESAT up to their old ticks?

Good old Murphy.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

ticketyboo

Originally posted by Dustaz
    how many more times does this have to be beaten to death before people realise what happened. Your contract was with Esat. Their contract was with eircom. Esat could NOT afford to continue the Nolimits service the way it was going. The way they handled it was wrong, but the actual business decision was a correct one and they had EVERY right to do it according to the T&C's of the contract you signed.

The rest of your post is pure conjecture.

Well how naive can one get!! Of course Esat did the right thing from their business point of view.

And guess what? They will have every right to do the right thing again when it comes to ADSL.

Its pure conjecture of course. Esat would never do such a thing again. :)

Originally posted by skrobe
    I am one of the 18,000 lucky ones who are still with No Limits and Esat bt have never increased any, voice or internet, charges.

You obviously signed on to No Limits after they increased the original flat fee. You are indeed one of the lucky ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Originally posted by Dustaz
    and they had EVERY right to do it according to the T&C's of the contract you signed.

Has anyone had a look at the T&C of the EsatBT DSL service? Can they terminate the service for any reason (or introduce a cap) by giving 30 days notice?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Has anyone had a look at the T&C of the EsatBT DSL service? Can they terminate the service for any reason (or introduce a cap) by giving 30 days notice?

Well that answers that !

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ChessHacker

Good old Murphy.

Mea culpa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Originally posted by the Guru
    Well that answers that !

That questions that, does it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

one word

sniffety sniff...yep smell like we git oreselves a bull****ter to me.

hey guys its the head man from eircon trying to stroke a fire....give him a break...he certainly isnt running a company (dont believe me -- goto www.eircon.ie and see the error they currently cant even get their website to work!!!)

the beauty of the eastbt thing

so what if they have contention, it will force the issue out and the benefit of market economics and the odd telco bill will force competition..and you will have choice..if esat are bull**** i will pick someone else, the problem at the moment is we dont have any. if esat get thousands of users -- what do you think will happen

finally they are offering twice the speed and half the price...now if you need clarification-- i am a horse, i have been led to water...i will drink...thanks very much..where do i sign

If Esat are first off the blocks here with a decent speed at a decent price I'll be first to sign up. If they don't provide the service, at least there should be alternatives.

One outfit which I will not sign up for are Eircom. Bad and all as Esat handled the No Limits situation Eircom have fouled me up on a continuous basis for years.

And I'm still paying line rental to them! :(

Am I hooked to them for life?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭shinzon

I new here and this is my first post, but i just have to clear a thing up about nolimits, the service was never shut down, 2000 customers were thrown off cause of over usage, dling day and night and so forth, since that time i have happily been and still is a nolimits customer, in fact esatbt no longer holds the contract for nolimits but a divison of it does

Course when DSL arrives in waterford in november, ill be moving over to it, but no the nolimits service has not shut down, but nor is it accepting any new customers

TRI

Welcome Triacus98. What you say is perfectly correct. No Limits is still available and providing an excellent service for those still able to use it. Esat are to be congratulated for maintaining the service which is possibly costing them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by the Guru
    I was wondering , and maybe others have thought about this to but are Esat up to there old tricks selling a great product 512 k dl 256 pl for €90 per month no cap and you can network it and your modem is included ..............and then when the market is flooded they move backwards.
    DSL for 90 euro (ex vat) is hardly a great product, is it?

Not sure what the point is about the future posibility of a cap when most people will be put off by the price alone. Did some new information come to light?

Advertisement