Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flate Rate Access - Slaying of the beast

Options
  • 26-10-2002 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Solicitor's NOTICE: In my humble opinion. I am not affiliated with anyone or thing, only myself. *hugs free speech* ESAD :P

With the events of the last few days with the Minister finally waking up, I finally can smile again. I was very happy to hear RTE news saying Eircom was to blame for the lack of affordable flat rate access, we all know how very true this is. Hopefully other ppl will stand up and say enough to third world net access.

About 3 weeks ago I got fired from Eircom-net for posting on here about my OWN personal feelings about Internet access in Ireland. People can’t be shut up forever nor can they be treated like idiots. In the past 3 years I fought with Eircom over prices and had my phone Cut off several times when I refused to pay the outlandish prices, with all that has happened in the last few weeks I think we, the customers, are finally showing our strength. I look forward to the day I can ring Eircom and tell them to get their ****e out of my house. I refused to use the line for anything but Net access and that’s what I did. I would rather give o2 (even if its that little bit more) my money when I want to make a voice call. They got as little as possible from me and now its even less thanks to UTV. Soon I hope it will be nothing at all.

Praise to IrelandOffline and companies like UTV, who 'got it'. – well done.

And what was that quote from a while back? "No one wants Broadband, its all buzz talk" hhm I think you'll find no one wants YOU.

This was a long time coming and now hopefully ppl will continue to push.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭yankinlk

agreed.

<side note> I met with a saleslady from eircon the other day for DSL pricing. She went through her pitch (we already use powernet) and after she finished I asked her about the price of DSL for home users.

She admitted it was high...and she went on to blame the odtr for slowing up the inroduction of DSL in Ireland. She said that they "prevented" eircon from installing DSL for over a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

I had opinions (Personal ones) before I went there and I still have them. ;)
    (solicitor note: keeping them personal :P)

Talk is futile imho. Its time someone put the squeeze on, big time.

As for your situation; Caveat Emptor: Let the Buyer Beware.

Krouc

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Fair play to you for posting Krouc.

As an aside, getting the sack for personal opinion seems harsh is there some legal fallback there?

Notice to any Eircom employees:

If theres anything you want to say here but are uncomfortable saying it in public, PM me or Sceptre and we can work something out. You wont be the first to do it, and your anonymity is guarenteed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Krouc

Dustaz,

Thanks a lot for that. I think I will be taking you up on the offer. AS you can undrstand I have to cover myself here. As for the legal comeback i am looking into it at the moment but its like this, I have to ask myself, DID I really want to keep going there?
    I think we all know the answer to that.

*/
    Legal Muppets
    All the above is my opinion on my own behalf and in now way intended to *piss* anyone off or slander anyone/thing.
    Anything I am bound to will be observed
    */

Krouc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If theres anything you want to say here but are uncomfortable saying it in public, PM me or Sceptre and we can work something out. You wont be the first to do it, and your anonymity is guarenteed.

While I certainly wouldn't encourage anyone to break non-disclosure agreements with their employers, or to distribute confidential files or documents, my mailbox is always open, and my PGP key is here.

adam

• Advertisement
Advertisement