Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missing Teletext on Chorus

• 26-10-2002 7:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

At times Chorus has no teletext, why?

The answer is simple. When they have a fault with their ATM network a standby feed is used in Limerick. This is indeed a SKY DIGITAL feed.

My question is "How can Chorus get their hands on UK Sky Cards. I can but I have to use a UK address!!!!!

Are Sky or the ODTR aware of this, I think not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Leesider

Hmmm. Very Interesting.

I have Sky myself, but earlier today I was watching UTV on my parent's cable system in Cork, and I couldn't believe when the picture started pixelating, which was obviously a digital feed. This continued for quite a while, and the teletext was also missing.

It would be nice to know how Chorus got their FTV card - did they use their MD's relatives address in the UK??

They make me want to v*mit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

The deflectors use FTV cards too... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

if they have permission to relay UTV on their network which they do, they obviously have permission to obtain the signal by any means necessary. would you rather a blank screen when their network goes down or a picture from a Sky Digibox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I use their digital service and I've been consistently disappointed with the picture quality on certain channels, namely Sky1, Discovery Channel and Discovery Home & Leisure. If Chorus are using Sky Digiboxes, that means Sky's digital feed is being converted to analogue (utilising low-end consumer hardware), before being converted back to a digital format for re-transmission.

Would this be a likely cause for the rubbish quality and pixellisation on the above channels?

I may have misunderstood how Chorus receive and transmit their television channels, could anyone clarify for me?:confused:

Advertisement