Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

effects

• 26-10-2002 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

What is the best cheap guitar multi effects unit, are zoom 606s any good and the 149euro digitech with the expression pedal. If anyone has any ideas id be most thankfull.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

I personally don't like the multieffects pedals. I much prefer the stand-alone single effect pedals. I think they give more of a natural, vintage sound, but still that does depend on brands.

If you really do have to get a multi-effects pedal, go for the Boss ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I've got the Zoom 606 and am very pleased with it. I suppose it depends on your experience and how tuned your ear is. I'm still in the beginning range so I'm far from an expert though
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

I have a zoom effects pedal and am too quite pleased with it, The only thing is you have to KNOW how to use it to get the full benifit of it,

The stand alone pedals are great because you can change things on them more easily and quickly just turn the dial, no button pressing, and u can throw them at the wall!! and they still work.

The zoom thing is around 150 and you get 35 built in effects (like 35 pedals) and up to 9 effects can be used at the same time
    the zoom 606 guitar also has an expression pedal for the wah effect. Some ppl find effects units hard to use.

You can pick up an over-drive pedal for around 80, its yellow. User friendly noise maker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i really wouldnt go for a multi effects unit...

i dont think they have got the same oomph as they say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Altho i own a zoom606
    and am happy with it,

I've heard great reports about the POD line 6
    its basicly the same as the zoom606 with out the expression but with a lot more, also the POD line 6 can up updated via a USB connection to your computer you can get the latest artists setups and so on it has its own banks pre-set (which you can change) and another 25 that are left just for you.

Also the v-amp2 beringer (i think) is the cheaper version of the line 6 i hear the new version V-Amp2 is possible better that the line 6 boosting all the same features except the v-amp2 comes with 1 expression pedal 1 stomp box

Aren't pedals just electronics (just like a mutli effects unit)
    Any way you seem to have more control over the effect with a pedal and some effects units sound crappy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 lanod44

Ive got a zoom 707 and its really good. Its ggot the expression pedal and its also got a built in drum machine and a thing where you can record the rhythm part of a song and then it will loop it so you can play over it.Its great for getting your timing good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Boss GT-3 myself

Its built like a brick ****house and sounds so gutsy and warm that I have used it on a multitude of session jobbies direct into the desk!.

Its flexible to the point of distraction (ie more parameters than you could shake the proverbial stick at!) and has every effect you could possibly need.

Too many guitarists who use delay do not time it off the beat of the song which makes it a much more tidy and tight & professional effect. Seperate pedals use knobs rather than tap tempo and digital editing so its hard to get that delay to fit into the groove of the song. Plus theres the inevitable bending over after every song to set up the pedal for the next tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

at the moment i'm using a ZOOM BFX-708 (play bass).

its ok but the problem is you have to "scroll" with your foot thru all the effects (many of which are complete crud which i never use).

for example, if i'm playing clean and i want fuzz(overdrive), i have to press this little button the size of a match-box (which is less than an inch away from a button exactly the same size), over 20 times. and then you have to bend down to change the settings with some little knobs, cause once you scroll off one effect you loose your settings and have to set them again.

needless to say its very frustrating. i think santa will have to get me some BOSS individual pedals.

its got loads of features eg drum machine with 20 styles and different beats and patch and sampler stuff but i never us them

keep away from multi fx, they're cheaper for more stuff but they just p1ss you off and the sound quality is relativly bad

ferdi

Advertisement