Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Model 2

• 26-10-2002 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

With all the talk a while back about rcp's upcoming model 2 emulator nebula's author has struck first.

ive no idea of how it plays but the readme say 1ghz+ with a geforce2 minimum.

http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Looks like I'll be needing a PC upgrade...If anyone has a PC with the required spec maybe you could post a few pics? The roms are all about 20mb which is a lot smaller then i thought but makes them downloadable for people stuck with dialup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

All this stuff is going on my "to download and play" list for whenever it is that i can afford a new pc.
    Its joins the list with other great members such as :
    Almost all of the 1990's MAME games
    Namco's systems games (500 is just an ass pain trying to play)
    Anything involving emulating a system on top of a system (32X and mega-CD)
    Killer instinct 2

Yup my p3 500 just doesn't cut it these days:( What i wouldn't do to play MKII full speed with perfect sound.....I hate you MAME
    I find using GENS when playing 32X games is slightly faster then other megadrive emu's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

i just got Marvel super heros
    and ive only taken one screen shot not played the game yet but as im off work 2moro i think ill play it most of that time.
    anyway ill post more screen shots when i get take em 2moro

enjoy...

Marvel super hero's is a CPS-2(Capcom Play System2) game but as all the CPS-2 games run in Nebula i can see how you made the mistake. Basically Sega Model 2 is a different hardware type and was used in Sega's mid to late ninety's 3D arcade machine's like Virtual Fighter 2 and Virtua Striker. The creator of nebula is adding Model2 support but it still has a while to go before it's perfected. By the way if you like MSH i'd give Marvel Vs Capcom a try, its probably the best fighter that was made using CPS-2 hardware:)

• Advertisement

oh right my mistake
    back to the drawing board

ok well thanx to a lotta help from LoGiE (cheers again :D)

ive got a few screenshots from virtua striker

vs1.JPG
    vs2.JPG
    vs3.JPG

ill try get another few screens from a different game 2moro
    *im only on 56k*
    :(

No problem:) The games lookin pretty damn good. What kind of fps did you get? ie. was it playable? Right i'm saving for a new machine now... VF2 and Virtua Striker are two of my all time favorite arcades and i'd never forgive myself if i didn't add them to my collection ;)

not sure of the FPS but its playable
    no sound as yet but its only the beta i was using.

I'll have to check it out for myself on a mates PC (P4 da bastard;) )
    I'd say performance will take a bit a dive once the sounds added and the the rest of the 3d stuff. I suppose if it's polished as well as Nebula it will be a cracking emulator and the author will speed things up...As a matter of interest, djste18 what are the spec's of the PC your running the Model2test on?

• Advertisement

AMD athalon
    128 mb ram

anytin else u shud know ?

i cant wait for the finished version now
    :)

now onto sonic championship
    IMO isnt playable as it runs quite slow
    heres two screens from it.

sonic1.JPG
    sonic2.JPG

Originally posted by djste18
    AMD athalon
    128 mb ram

anytin else u shud know ?

i cant wait for the finished version now
    :)

I was wondering what your processor speed was. It recommands a 1ghz in the readme. I'd imagine that will decrease slighty with rewrites *me crosses fingers*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Sound emulation is the easier part of coding from what i've been told/understand. I think its just mame in general that has given you a bad experience with sound emulation. A dual processor setup for mame would be good, one p4-2GHz for the gfx and one for the sound. Potentially make all games playable but the new namco system 21/22 games will probably require something insane on mame.

Advertisement