Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nvidia Drivers

• 27-10-2002 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I recently changed to a newer mainboard, but now windows me wont let me change my display to anything other than 16 color 640x480.
    I'm using a Nvidia TNT2 PCI card, but no drivers on the cd, or on the net will fix this problem.
    If anyone could offer assistance it would be much appretiated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have you tried the "Detonator" drivers available from nvidia.com (and numerous other locations) ? They seem to do the trick for 99% of nvidia cards.

What version of Windows are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peterb

I'm using ME. I downloaded the ME Detonator drivers but no good.
    Also, during windows bootup, the system hangs on a dos screen for a few minutes, then resets. It then ask for safe mode/normal.
    This doesn't happen if i set to standard VGA adapter, so it's all down to my card/adapter problem.
    It's got me quite PO'd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Do you know if your new motherboard uses a VIA chipset? If it does, go to www.via.com.tw and download the latest "4-in-1" drivers for it and see if that helps your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peterb

VIA Apollo KT400 series.
    Got them. Still no good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Are you using a Dell system by any chance? My Dell PC has an nVidia TNT2 AGP, and complains like fúck if I use anything other than generic Windows-supplied driver or the Dell driver (available from http://support.euro.dell.com )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

uninstall everything, then when you go to re-install them be sure to install the card as a standard pci graphics adapter first, then reboot and install the detonator's, all should hum along smoothly, gl.

Advertisement