Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording with an MD off a PC

Options
  • 27-10-2002 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Story...

I've got a panasonic SJ-MR 220 MiniDisc and a Typhoon Acoustic 5.1 soundcard in my pc...i've got all hooked up with the optical cable and am just wondering how i record onto the MD? i had winamp playin away on the pc and i hit the record button and flick to digital and unlock keeps flashing on the MD screen, now its not the MD on hold and its not the Disk itself cuz its in the record position (tried it in both) now i've tried just about everything i can think off....any ideas?...solution?...anything?!?!?!...hehe

Cheers

Farlz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

the unlock message usually only comes up if the signal is too weak... check the line-out levels in volume control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

He's using optical though. I thought the levels wouldn't matter???

You're right of course.. never even read the post properly!.. digital outputs are usually at a set volume, but I'm pretty sure its down to either the cable or the optical out not enabled..

You check if theres any light at the end of the cable when you play winamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

I didn't look to see if there was any light at the end of the cable but the girl who own's the MD rang up panasonic today and said we need a deck to player optical cable?

not too sure about that one
    Farlz

should be a square connector on one end and a long thin round connector on the other..

B00003CWA9.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

thats what most minidiscs ship with anyway so should be the one you have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The optical cable detects if the source is copyrighted, hence stops you recording material that has a copyright. Tried it on a game (PS2) and got a message something like that. Long time ago though....can't remember exactly, I'll get back to you at the weekend

The optical cable detects if the source is copyrighted, hence stops you recording material that has a copyright. Tried it on a game (PS2) and got a message something like that.

NO COPY appears if theres a problem with digital copyright (e.g. more than two digital copies have been made of the source material).. and its the MD not the cable doing the detection :)

UNLOCK appears if the digital source or line is faulty.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Your right

Advertisement