Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Advice]Laptops & cars (please!)

• 27-10-2002 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

[mods u can del. my last post thx :)]

Alright I'm getting desperate to work this out. After seeing the Hi-fi to laptop question below, I need something similar.

I've a Sony MD player as a headunit in my car and all I wanna do is be able to plug in my laptop so I've my entire collection when I drive anywhere far. Sounds reasonable no? :confused:

I've no tapedrive anymore so I can't do the old-tape-to-cd trick and I'm getting nowhere in scanger-infested car audio shops.

Answer me this:
    1) Anyone ever tried this?
    2) Can u get a cable that's headphone jack at one end and plugable into a stereo at the back? I'm about to rip my stereo out to see what's on the back...I presume it won't be simply phonox2 or a jack...that'd be too easy!
    3) Any ideas...
    4) no seriously, any advice v.much appreciated.

P.S. On an off-topic, is there any snag in an AMD vs Intel CPU for said laptop? What would u choose (with budget constraints)

Thanking u in advance.
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

My advice would be don't do it.

The movement of the car would not be good for a laptop. You're taking risks with the hard drive & other components and it's just not worth it.

Get an mp3 player with a large hard drive capacity such as the iPod (5 or 10Gb) and hook that up instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

All a bit pointless unless you're on the road for more than three hours a day anyway.. otherwise a MD is grand (presuming the unit supports MDLP).. plus as the unfortunate recipient of a number of car breakins, I definitely wouldn't advise it.

Advertisement