Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

female keybass player wanted

Options
  • 27-10-2002 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

female keybass player wanted for new cyber electro rock band with serious intentions.. e.p. already released with top gigs lined up.

you must be *100% dedicated
    *passionate
    *between 18 - 25
    *look ****in' cool as kim deal!

experience not important
    influences: Cult, NIN, pumpkins, rasputina, boards of canada, dandy warhols, placebo, early cure, gary numan, type o neg, smiths, suede.

if interested email: davidmartin104@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

i have to say> looking for a good looking female bass player over (talent), sound pretty louis walshe

ARE YOU LOUIS WALSH??!!

(where is the real music nowadays?)
    (i remember when capos were a fiver and penny sweets were a penny)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Kylereese

cool does not mean good lookin'.

i would'nt class zia mccabe as really good lookin but she's as cool as kim deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

my point is that talent SHOULD be more important than looks and image if were talking credible music, but ovbiously, the clientele of phantomfm, are drifting from credibility nowadays.

prove me wrong kids, prove me wrong!

ok well buzz down to the tbmc next wed night & i'll prove u wrong i'll even leave you tickets at the door to prove you and anyone wrong...it comes down to this i've got stuff done it's doing pretty well & you don't need a degree in music to play bass on keyboards but you do need passion, committment & an open mind and i do consider image very important in a band...it's essential take any successful credible rock band.....they had a fixed recognisable image...which was second to the music but still very important....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Originally posted by Kylereese
    cool does not mean good lookin'.

i would'nt class zia mccabe as really good lookin but she's as cool as kim deal!

zia mccabe is well fit!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah zia mc cabe made it onto my '5 women list' years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

i like the sound of your band kylereese...what's it called...are you giggin soon ?

at last someone who is not a cynic...hi we are called velvetron and we are actually playin 2moro (wed 30th) in the tbmc...if you r interested i can leave you compo tickets at the door if you just give us your name.....c ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

am i right in thinking this is the guy who used to work in temple lane? hmmm ill take 2 complimentry tickets for the gig tomorrow night if your handing them out, this is dave from splinters by the way (cant blame me for trying, i am a poor student after all :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭sodiumlightbaby

not sure i can make it down tonite but cheers for the comps. I will do my best to get down, but don't wanna take comps from you and not use em.

will keep my eye out for when you're playing again, if i don't make it tonite...

Numan and early Cure sounds great...like the idea of keybass too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rubyseyes

Originally posted by Splinters
    am i right in thinking this is the guy who used to work in temple lane? hmmm ill take 2 complimentry tickets for the gig tomorrow night if your handing them out, this is dave from splinters by the way (cant blame me for trying, i am a poor student after all :P)

no probs man....i'll just write dave from splinters on the back of em' k?

fair play to you, the full name is dave kavanagh if that helps. my band used to be called hagwire if you're wondering who the feck this is. talk to ya tonight

*hangwire i meant, dam my ****ty morning typing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

You've got to respect this guys attitude, he seems to beleive in what he's doing. Fair play... more bands should give out comp. tickets!

Louis walsh'll be shivering in his wellies... Weh Hey!

I'm fed up hearing about people who are " a great bunch of lads" and "never looked back".

Louis... you should be more like this guy.

Advertisement