Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cars

Options
  • 27-10-2002 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

If you were old enough to drive, and you were offered any of these absolutely free, with free tax and insurance until you pancaked the car against a wall, which of these would you choose. This will probably descend into a itwasn'tme insult thread, but until then just vote.

Which car would you choose? 17 votes

Enzo Ferarri
    0% 0 votes
    Lambourgini Diablo
    35% 6 votes
    Porche CTR2
    17% 3 votes
    Audi TT
    11% 2 votes
    TVR Tuscan Speed 6
    5% 1 vote
    Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    0% 0 votes
    Peugeot 206
    17% 3 votes
    VW Golf GTi
    0% 0 votes
    Pagani Zonda C12 S
    0% 0 votes
    Conor's stupid impossible green handmobile idea
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

this is as close as i can get to a subaru forester. green. forest green. just so i can say i drive
    " the FORester"

just like my friends daddy says it. its great. or a minivan so i can say
    "thee leetle meenivan."
    with accompanying hand movements

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Actually the Impreza WRX is the road going version of the rally car and, although technically you could use it in a 4X4 capacity, it isn't designed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Is it me, or has Boards deteriorated hugely since I joined? One of these days I'm going to post a poll to see who wants to get rid of me. Somebody else do it actually, I'm too lazy. If I'm voted out, it's my solemn promise that I'll never post on Boards again! I'm serious, I'm only here to please!

The Lambourghini Diablo rocks! It's such a slick car! I've only ever seen it in yellow though, does it come in any other colours? It's a pity if it doesn't because a silver one would really draw attention!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

wtf is this? Delete this shít

Originally posted by the self confessed prick
    Is it me, or has Boards deteriorated hugely since I joined?
    I'd say it's more because you joined.
    Originally posted by the self confessed prick
    The Lambourghini Diablo rocks! It's such a slick car! I've only ever seen it in yellow though, does it come in any other colours? It's a pity if it doesn't because a silver one would really draw attention!
    No, it has a special body that melts if painted any colour other than yellow(!)

• Advertisement

rats. well, youve found me out, i know nothing about cars.... i cant even drive. which is pathetic because i could legally have had my full driver's license for two months now.. ah, well i can hitch a ride with my parents.....but my car will be green!
    nad later, i will have a pink car.
    it will be a cadillac
    or a mustang convertible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Happy CTYI guy

FERRARI ENZO!!! I'm surprised the Hummer isnt here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    Is it me, or has Boards deteriorated hugely since I joined? One of these days I'm going to post a poll to see who wants to get rid of me. Somebody else do it actually, I'm too lazy. If I'm voted out, it's my solemn promise that I'll never post on Boards again! I'm serious, I'm only here to please!
    This board seriously deteriorated around the ends of sessions 1 & 2. We had a wee bit of OT stuff (back in the day), but now...
    TBH, I don't want rid of you, I was just really pissed off by someone lecturing the board on how to blow stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

From this list, I'd probably go for the Zonda C12S - far better than the Diablo.

The only thing the Diablo has going for it is that it's very fast in a straight line. It's handles like a truck, and it's so big that you can't drive it confidently on anything smaller than a national route. That said, I'd love to drive one >:)

IMHO, a poll like this isn't really going to be meaningful cos everyone has differing opinions on cars. My ideal garage would have a Brabus D4S Estate for everyday motoring, a Caterham Seven R500 Superlight for playing around in, and if I needed to go off-road, a Land-Rover Range Rover.

Right now, being realistic a Ford Mondeo TDCi would be nice - I drove one of them on hire in June, and it was hella sweet :D

Now to go and rob a bank..........

My ultimate garage- Hummer H2 for off road crap, Ferrari Enzo to piss off everyone in a 200 metre radius and lastly uhhhh ah yes the soon to be released Mercedes Maybach for looking insanely wealthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

my ideal car is not fast, handles...ok but is the best automobile ever. a 1960's/early 70's split screen VW type II Van (A hippy van for all those who have no idea bout VW's) the top half in blue, the bottom in white. would most like a 23 window samba, but others would do too. fit a really powerful stereo into it, two couchs, a laptop with all my music in it connected up to the stereo and hardwood flooring in the back :)

It is my dream car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Actually, this thread has relevance. I direct the jury to Deirdre Duffy's thread on who wanted to join her in her bus selling icecream around north america.

But yes. I want a hippy van too. Or maybe a bigger tour bus thing. Or no car. I like walking. Walking is good. Man.

I've always kind of wanted one of those in the backof my mind. Kind of a nostalgic look back at things!

nostalgia is dead, long live ex-military issue vehicles

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

The Green Hand Mobile idea isn't impossible. It just takes a lot of work. You get a porsche or whatever car you can afford, move the engine as far as you can to the side and cut off the front passenger side and replace it with a metalic green thumb. Then dent the rest of the front to look like fingers and paint it all green. And if you want attach a jet engine to the back like on the batmobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I know sweet foxtrot alpha about cars . . . however, I wanna drive one of those pickup truck / jeep hybrids. They still have front and back seats, and behind the back seats a medium sized flatbed extends -- I think Honda make one, but I don't have a clue really!

Oooh! My first car is going to be a 1994 Mitsubishi Galant -- wine coloured. :)

I suppose you want to drive a pick up/jeep because they're the only ones you can fit into....

Originally posted by OrangeRhino
    Oooh! My first car is going to be a 1994 Mitsubishi Galant -- wine coloured. :)

My first car will probably be a supermini (206, not cinquicento etc.) complete with a turbo, intercooler, sports muffler, port polish, flywheel, upgraded suspension, customisable transmission and racing chip. No external crap (bodykits, ralliart stickers), just a superfast, tiny car.

My ultimate car (unless my parents win the lotto again, and what are the odds of that?) will be the Subaru Impreza WRX STi.

God, I hate badly upgraded Peugeot 206s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I WILL NEVER, EVER (!!) "rice out" a car I buy . . . you do not need to be able to rev up to an audible 1.2kDb just to drive to and from somewhere. And in all likelihood I will put off buying a car for as long as possible -- buses do me grand.

• Advertisement

smart boy, its good to have friends that have cars though, in case one needs to be somewhere fast. jeremy has a shiny blue truck.....

My friend has an agreement with his parents that says if he does well in his leaving cert' they'll pay his first year of insurance. They're going to regret that since he's loaded and has a real thing for BMW's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i picked enzo ferrari just cos i like the name enzo.i don't know what any of these cars look like(except the ferrari....i think....not so purdy...i mo thuairim féin)

A mini Cooper S
    the new version. Slowest car ever but just look at it i'd pick it over a peugot 206 any day

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

the new mercedes is the most beautiful car i've ever seen.
    i want a silver convertible one.

why is the golf on the poll, who intentionally goes out and says 'hmmm...think i'll buy me a **** car today'? (**** but Reliable)
    and the peugot THE PEUGOT for chrissake.

personally i'd buy a renault megane, with at least a 1.4, cos anything less than that is poo

Originally said by He who is I Am (A Prick)
    I've only ever seen it in yellow though, does it come in any other colours? It's a pity if it doesn't because a silver one would really draw attention!

yeah, cos bright manic yellow is SOOOO not an attention drawing colour. fyi, i woulda said that to anyone, not just to you oh, greenhandguy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

On the subject of colours, yesterday in tesco carpark was a bright orange peugot, when I saw bright, I mean glow in the dark Highlighter bright, it even had matching alloys, we even took a picture :D
    and tomorrow I should have it :)

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    why is the golf on the poll, who intentionally goes out and says 'hmmm...think i'll buy me a **** car today'? (**** but Reliable)
    and the peugot THE PEUGOT for chrissake.
    I only put down the first 10 cars that came to mind. However, on the golf issue, there is a guy in my school whose dream car is a golf gti.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

Oh my god. that guy is completely insane. his dream car? like even if he had all the money in the world and there was no such thing as insurance or licenses or anything????

please post the picture of the stupid car. go on. please.

E-mail me it. I can't get my head around that weird colour scheme. My adress is on my details thingy anyway I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement