Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

polar, the 66e, skylight and wallmark.....WOW

Options
  • 28-10-2002 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

what a fantabulous gig. i suspected mick was in love with the 66 electric and i now see why....
    firstly the evning started out with padraic from wallmark who's band i suspected i quite liked when they supported turn in whelans....tonight it was confirmed. they're good. and padriac has a really nice voice.

next the 66 electric who were just AMAZING, with another incredible lead singer. if u havent seen this band yet, DO because they demans attention with their playing, and watching them was close to watching bands like air, mercury rev etc, exceppt i went into the gig without knowing any of their stuff. and it still managed to blow me away

slylight were really good, it was my first time to hear the band, and some of the songs really hit home, i'd definately go see them again!

and polar what can i say....when u guys play i can feel the emotion you put into your songs and it makes them even more special. mick, u ahve a really gorgeous voice u should sing more songs than u do!!!!! and i want to hear what the drummer sounds like too! the video in the background was really cool.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Yeah , just got back from TBMC meself. Promised I would go see Polar one day and no work in the morn couldnt justify not going.
    Missed electric ones and it sounds like from Micks PR work I shoulda gone earlier.
    Very impressed although technical probs thru most of gig didnt spoil but made me think 'could be better', would deffo come again and bring friends. I guess there isnt much material at the mo as no encore, just visions of GTAIII.

"Is there a problem"...he he

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

yeah it was a special night alrite...

mush was fantastic on his own...i particularly liked the first song...and then doing the fresh prince of belair...that was great...

66 electric...gave their cd one listen and loved it...had to see em and i finally did and what can i say but go see em for yerself...absolutely amazing!!! and they kept swapping instruments...the drummer changed into a keyboard player and then into a bass player and then finished on a guitar...really really really impressive stuff!!!

skylight were pretty good too...i saw em a while back and i thought they were better then but still impresssive tonite...the song about organised crime...love that!

and polar, with their techie difficulties were still great...i love 'paper' (i think thats what its called) and i'm starting to know butterflies from hearing it live so much...great tune...and its true mick you've a great voice...but so does gav....its an asset to have 2 great singers in the one band... pity yis didnt play south....but at least yis played the lonely robot song...love it!!!!

thank you all for a great nite :)

kurdt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

they do ahve a few more songs, i think it was a curfew the TBMC had, or else there was a club on afterwards, coz people rushed us out of our seats 2 minutes after polar left the stage, which would imply there were trying to clean the place up for a club.

yeah i didnt mean it to sound like i dont think that gav didnt have a good voice,cos i do!!!!! he's cool!

and yeah padraic was so FUNNY!!!!!! those songs were class 'the fresh prince of bel air' he he heeh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

howdy, just going asleep now! twas a good night

we werent too impressed with the gig cos the old tech probs really put a downer on the whole evning but what can we do... the music centre wouldnt allow us do an encore or 5 unfortunately... the stage guy was giving out to us for feckin playing robot...

i was mad busy so only got to check out a wee bit of skylight and padraig from wallmark but both were really impressive... first time seeing the 66 electric and i was just so god damn impressed...fcukin great band... as i said earlier on its just so cool to know that there is bands like that it your city..very comforting... and as those of you who were there tonight will know we'll be doing another gig in the music centre with the lads from the 66 electric on dec 4th...

thanks loads to everyone who made it along and hopefully despite the few probs yis still had a good one!
    "Is there a problem"...he he

god i forgot about that... that came across so badly...

must say it was so frustrating though... them going oh its one of your leads, which it couldnt have been cos there was sound coming from the amp which meant all was grand just nothing in the speakers
    pity yis didnt play south

we were going to but unfortunatley time didnt allow it... sorry

ok its bright now and i'm in work at 12 so i better try and get some sleep anyway...night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

wow, u guys are brilliant. I have the cd, but live is always better! (thanks for letting me help with the photography :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

we were going to but unfortunatley time didnt allow it... sorry

i figured as much...ah well...december 4th aint too long away :) and to see you and the 66electric together again will be well worth it...til then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Ah what a night it was,

There was problems, oh yes. Polar had em, we had em and Wallmarks mobile went off half way through the intro of one of his songs (he answered quite brilliantly) but i cant think of a better night there has been in ages. 'Paper' is an amazing song. the visual images complemented everything the bands did on stage. The crowd actually listened, and for those who play to mostly unknown crowds, thats rare.

Dec 4th in TBMC 66e and Polar.

'I Died in a Movie' from THE 66 ELECTRIC is being realesed.

A thousands huge thank you to all the support we have goten over the last few months. It means so much to us.

Be well

66e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭nessy

The 66e were absolutely fantastic on Sunday night - nothing else to be said , they were!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

have to agreee wtih nessy... feckin great band

• Advertisement

im also dying to see wallmark again....theres something really captivating about them/him (dont mean that in a scary come on type way) make them play at the gig in december

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Feck yis all, I couldn't make it because.... well, for the same reasons I ranted on about on the Holloween Phantasm thread :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Afraid there's no room for antoher band, ther is already THE 66 ELECTRIC (releasing the I DIED IN A MOVIE E.P that night) POLAR and a DJ playing so that seems like all we can squeeze in.

But Padraig from Wallmark was really excellent.

66e

which one of the band are u, 66e?

Advertisement