Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filtering crowd noise?

• 28-10-2002 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A friend of mine made a recording of a mass in a church a while back (you can imagine the acoustics straight away). To compound problems he only had a normal portable tape-recorder to record with and the final product came out sounding pretty awful.

I haven't heard the tape but from what I've been told all the usual church echos, coughs, murmers etc are all present on the tape and the priest speaking is so low as to barely be audible .

So (and I know this is a longshot) is there any program out there that could filter out all the background noise and keep the priests voice intact on the recording?

Thanks!

Advertisement