Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

halloween fancy dress

• 28-10-2002 8:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

anyone got any ideas for a really unique costume 4 halloween just found out now that i am going to a big halloween party wednesday nite [UL and LIT are having a big party in the racecourse patrickswell] .so i want some ideas of wot to wear

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

get a white bedsheet and put it over your head and cut out some eye holes and you will be a *REALLY* *REALLY* scary ghost. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

thanx for the great original idea but i think ill keep that as a back up plan.i am looking for an original idea or if anyone knows a costume shop in the limerick area??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i think it's about time i got myself a new costume, the 4 (?) year old scream mask just doesnt cut it anymore:eek:

i'm going as a cheerleader i think

i'm male btw....really....i am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i said original not weried.Well the idea of a skirt does kinda....na i couldnt my legs are 2 hariy :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Wrap a sheet of sandpaper round your meat-&-2-veg and go as Dick Emery.

Originally posted by irishguy
    i said original not weried.Well the idea of a skirt does kinda....na i couldnt my legs are 2 hariy :D

wax them!

for some reason i have a bunch of girls only too willing to do mine but its not gonna happen!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Go as an Orange man and walk around the party saying "it's my right to walk here" and have a friend follow you around booing and throwing stones at you.

Originally posted by Monkey
    Go as an Orange man and walk around the party saying "it's my right to walk here" and have a friend follow you around booing and throwing stones at you.

i'm going into derry for halloween. i'd say i'd probably end up dead if i did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Go as a streaker! Very little planning involved. Plus you could impress some ladies(or not as the case may be:P)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Just don't go as a woman, everyone goes as a woman thinking they are being all funny and original

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie
    Go as a streaker! Very little planning involved. Plus you could impress some ladies(or not as the case may be:P)

i wouldn't want to scare anyone with my monster sized c.....i've said too much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

hmmm.
    bring a friend and go as him, and have your friend go as you. confusion shall follow!!!!!!!!!!

or go as something really really stupid like a carrot. or buy one of those "sexy witch" costumes and frighten the bejeezus out of childer by going trick and treeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

go as a piece of french cheese...with holes ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Go as a banana, or a TV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Originally posted by superconor
    or go as something really really stupid like a carrot. /B]

yeah.. stupidity is always great.. go rent a kangaroo costume or some sort of fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Get a bunch of friends to dress up as Ghostbusters and go round beating the sh!t out of anyone dressed as a ghost! :D

Originally posted by Oeneus
    Get a bunch of friends to dress up as Ghostbusters and go round beating the sh!t out of anyone dressed as a ghost! :D

hmm.

i think its time for me to get out my buffy costume :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 christina5901

as an ex - citizen of the fantastic city of derry!!! i am of course returning for halloween. however, can anyone tell me if anywhere is celebrating it on the saturday night? the friends who im going with have to work on the monday and cant get it off work, so can someone please tell me that there will be somewhere celebrating it on the saturday night!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well, my roomate is going as an 80's chick...she got out her old Warrant rock t-shirt..red leather jacket and matching boots and is gonna tease the hair and wear lots makeup.
    ahhh that brings back memories hehehe

I am buying a mardi-gras mask and wearing an easily removable provacative outfit...which is appropriate for where the party is being held ;)
    inquiring minds want to know :p

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

easy costumes:

face paint : black and white for : skulls, the crow, dead people, bum
    colors: clowns

wear with all black clothes or get some funneh clothes for the clowns

simple really.

just use your imagination :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

70's Zombie: Get some old crappy clothes from Oxfam, preferably a lumberjack shirt which can be tucked into a raggedy pair of straight cut jeans. Cut your hair to look like a typical 70's mop. Get green face paint and some darker stuff for around the eyes etc. Apply blood where needed.

DONT: Talk coherently, drink beer properly (spill it all over), ever move fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Go as a drunk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

To rip a very good idea from a certain television show - go as God. All you need is a name tag. Run around the party, pointing at people, telling them they're being blasphemous...

Ooh, go as The Bride. It's easy if you have lots of clothes dye, and profound colour blindness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Micheal Wittman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

A mate of mine went to one last year as the incredible hulk. Green body paint all over and a ripped t-shirt. Not too difficult.

Personally any good costume needs to have some headgear, a hat or some other contraption. A baby is a good one because you get to wear one of those cool baby hats.

Advertisement