Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amps?

• 28-10-2002 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Alas my (not really) poor amp got reposesed by my friend, so i was wondering does anyone know what are good load and affordable amps under 250 yoyos, i need something really loud thats my problem.
    Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i used to have a laney hc 50
    and i quite liked it but jeepers creepers buy a fender and you'll never look back...

why do you need something looud?

if you're gigging just mic the bad boy up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Laney are definetly brilliant, you can get a decent Laney HardCore for that easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Laney do indeed Rock, nice and simple and sound great, Fenders sounds great too but are LOUD and expensive, Marshalls are nice but expensive too, Mesa Boogie is :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

You people are sick and need help.

I SHALL OVERCOME!!!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Marshall AVT50h comes with a head so u got a 50 watt amp + head for around 500 yo yos ok its expensive but save up for a bit and you can get another one, ooh ooh look now you can connect em and make a mutant 100 watt amp eh eh?

Amps are generally expensive for loud ones :(
    I've used a laney halfstack type thingy before seemed ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Jaicster, please be taking the piss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Hrmm I got me an Marshall AVT 275 for 666e wheh !
    Em Jesus go ****ing second hand shopping with your guitar in tow,buy anything with valves replace em straight off.
    And why the hell would you wanna combine two 50 watt heads to make a 'mutant' 100 watt amp jesus like ( *hands over some money* "Throw that in the toilet there")

The old Marshalls before the AVT's the Valvestates if you can get yer hands on one are cheap as hell the last time I looked,mind you they can be a tad unreliable I blew the **** out of one,but that happens on ocassion,and the ****ers have built in distortion,2 OD channels + clean where as the new models as in the AVT'S have 2 OD channels,Clean Channel,Acoustic simulator and *looks at amp* 16 built in digital effects.

So in conclusion,take your ass and your guitar out shopping.

Lots of Love

NeM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Where are you all getting these deadly cheap amps from?
    Every time i've gone looking there dead expensive EVERYWHERE(lie)
    Altho there is one shop i haven't checked because i hate the staff

Keep in mind i live in dublin and was looking to buy an amp brand new so where should i be looking? I don't need a pre-amp type thingy i can use pedals/effect unit
    Looking for an amp that would do small venues?

I was told that i should buy a second hand amp as they are hard to damage and so on, but i don't trust anyone!! and would prefer a brand new amp is this my problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TriggerGene

hehe - happy to say im a bass player and that for us the choice is a lot more straight forward- forget trace elliot - ashdown engineering amps rock!!!
    (so too ampeg once ya start makin the big bucks)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

ashdown are indeed brilliant amps the sub-harmonics are feckin amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭selephonic

I'm selling a Trace Elliot Super Tramp. It's a 100 watt combo with clean and distorted channels with boost and footswitch. Celestion speaker, looks lovely sounds lovely.

I have to ask 320 for it because I need the money for a recording I'm working on at the moment, but it's worth it.

There are reviews at http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Trace_Elliot/Super_Tramp-01.html

I believe the company was sold to Gibson, so they don't make the same amp any more. They've changed it slightly.

The picture shows a head, just picture it as a combo.

Email me at selephonic@hotmail.com if you're interested

Advertisement