Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery time for DABS

• 29-10-2002 11:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Couldn't really think of an appropriate board for this, so Technology it is.

I ordered some stuff from DABS yesterday and the order status was completed yesterday afternoon also.

From people's experience ordering from DABs, how long do orders normally take to arrive. I'm in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Last time I bought, it took about 3-4 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

My experience is has been the same as the Mugger's each of the dozen or more times I've ordered from Dabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Cian

Originally posted by TinCool

From people's experience ordering from DABs, how long do orders normally take to arrive. I'm in Dublin

As we speak, I am waiting for a order i placed on the 12/10/2002. The order was not filled till the 22nd, I've no prob there, as I knew I was ordering something that was not in stock and quite popular. 7 working days later, nothing. I had to ring the del. service they use a ton in the past few days (plus it was damn hard to even find the contact details).

I have been assured that it will arrive today. I'll believe that when I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Thanks guys. Cian, your post does not instill me with any confidence. My order "appears" to have processed successfully in the fact that it is now showing as complete on their site. I have received the pdf invoice and shipping details which stated that my order was shipped on 29th via mail. Although, when I go to parcel force and plug in the tracking number from the mail I received it does not appear to be valid. Realistically speaking stuff from England to Ireland should take no longer than 5 days to arrive. I'll be following up with them on Friday if it has not been delivered by then. Let me know how you get on anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭longword

Originally posted by Cian
    ...order was not filled till the 22nd... 7 working days later
    I don't doubt that sometimes delivery will be faster, sometimes slower, but I count only five working days since the 22nd.

• Advertisement

Tracking number didnt work for me either... ring parcelforce @ 00441133954026, get them to call you back :) and things should be expedited.

About the working days, I'm sorry, I mis-posted. the order arrived in ireland on the 22nd. it had been 2 days in transit already. the delay was solely because of whatever agents parcelforce in this country, and the lack of communication between the two.

They "attempted delivery, and had difficulty locating the premises". They couldn't find my house, and didn't contact when there was a problem. If you badger them, though, this shouldn't be an issue. MAKE SURE they have a contact no for you, dabs dont pass it on to parcelforce.

Oh yeah, it did actually arrive today, and the delivery man got grumpy when i insisted on inspecting the condition of the box before signing. he kicked my box before handing it over. very gently though, ostensibly to get it out of his van.

What company delivered it to your door ? SDS ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i ordered speakers and a 19 inch monitor on monday, i recieved speakers on wednesday morning, and the monitor on friday

no problems to speak of

I couldnt honestly tell you what delivery service it was. I was too busy drooling over my new geforce :) Sorry.

• Advertisement

Well my stuff arrived from DABS this morning. A nice Pioneer DVD Burner and Athlon XP 1800 chip :) Ordered on Monday and arrived on Friday. Not too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I found dabs pretty decent. Del taking 3-4 days for a full tower case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I've only ever seen one deliery problem with Dabs.

SCSI card and Burner ordered and never delivered.

It turned out to be a complete omission on their part. They refunded the money in full and even sent a cheque for £2.50 stg of their own accord at a later date to correct an error in the refund amount (Quite nice of them).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,802 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

General Logistics Systems is the name of the company that delivers for them in ireland.

Formerly known as General Parcel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

well,
    I ordered €1000 worth of stuff the saturday before last, and it only arrived today (took 12 days)

Im very angry with dabs, im never ordering from them again. ok, i did save a good bit, but it seriously wasnt worth it, i was in queues for a minimum of 30 mins three times (on the phone to ENGLAND) to see what was happening with my order because of a problem with my account on thier site.

Then when it arrived to ireland after 9 days, i rang the depot in ireland, i was slightly relieved to hear itll arrive the next day. RUBBISH, i wasted the next whole day waiting for a delivery man and he never came. So I ring them and they say one more day, they werent apologetic at all. I tell em it better arrive by 11, 11.30, still no sign of my package...another waste of a day....

anyway it eventually arrived.

But i would seriously NEVER recommend dabs again.

what a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

how much delivery charge do they put on??

is it true they slap on an 'Administration Charge' aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As far as I can remember (It has been ages since I've last bought from dabs), they charge a flat fee of £20 sterling for delivery - which is a bit poxy if you're buying something small and light like a stick of ram or a cpu.

Advertisement