Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coldplay....

• 29-10-2002 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Can I just say that I was at Coldplay on Sunday night and it was one of the best concerts I have ever been at...Absolutely excellent!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

I have to agree!!!
    I was at the gig on Friday and I was absolutely blown away!!!
    They are amazing live and the stage set up was just fantastic!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Sorry guys, I have to say that Coldplay's bland style of wuss-rock just irritates me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

That's besides the point Kone!!! Were you even at any of the gigs?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,583 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I went to the gig to see Idlewild. Not being a fan of Coldplay's new stuff at all (and not exactly loving their old stuff either), I was more than willing to leave after Idlewild. Fortunately, my friend wouldn't leave with me and it ended up being a fantastic gig. They're absolutely brilliant live - far, far better than their studio recordings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

I don't listen to coldplay but i went to the gig in the point on sunday and i have to say they were excellent. They weren't on very long though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

yeah
    fantastic gig.
    they rocked, can anyone at the friday gig tell me if he put the flag around his head as a bandana?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭MrGump

It was great, idlewild were great, chris was great with his crazy dancing! also, very impressed by the light/laser show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

hardly anyone gave a **** about idlewild, it was so ****in' annoyin'.
    people with their arms folded... gah!

the scientist is a lovely song though eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Pep

I saw Coldplay when they were at Slane Chris has an amazing voice no need for studio trickery, it wrecked my head i couldnt go to any of the gigs this time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

can anyone at the friday gig tell me if he put the flag around his head as a bandana?

Nope, heard about him doing that on Sunday

Must say I was pleasantly surprised by the gig, for some reason I thought it was gonna be ****e, don't ask me why - I think both of the albums are fantastic :confused:

Nice surprise though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Yeah, he wore it on Sunday night!

Idelwild were good actually...I like some of their stuff too! A nice little teaser before Coldplay themselves came on...

The Scientist is most definitely the best song they have! although was impressed by Clocks and the Laser light display also! Great effects...

I see they have announced 2 gigs in the UK in April...Id be interested in heading to that...

Saw them in Slane too! Very good, but only got about 4 or 5 songs in then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by fisty
    yeah
    fantastic gig.
    they rocked, can anyone at the friday gig tell me if he put the flag around his head as a bandana?

The guy next to me threw it up on stage. I doubt they're gonna 'plant' a flag thrower at every gig. It wasn't the bands own flag if that's what you were thinking.

Advertisement