Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Limerick MMDS Eurosport Prob.

• 29-10-2002 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭

For some three weeks now channel 07 on my MMDS analogue box has been scrambled (like Skysports). For the last three Saturdays I have waited in vain from them to come. When a guy eventually came he could not check because a PPV soccer match was on .Said he'd ring me back at 2.30 pm to check. He didn't bother. Basically my channel is still scrambled and they are due to call again next Saturday morning. I offered to bring in the decoder and switch it myself .They said no!! No wonder I just use Chorus for the kitchen telly. I 'd be happy if they said we'll reduce the cost instead if you do without flipping Eurosport!! .Anyone else have similar experience....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Checking here on Monday Analog MMDS (without ANY box of any kind..)
    Woodcock Hill (northerly direction) Vertical polarised:
    C4: very poor
    Home& Leisure/Chorus channel: Moderate
    TV 3: poor
    All others scrambled.

City (Easterly direction) Horizontal polarised, inbetween Woodcock channels:
    All scrambled. Seems like better signal.

Eurosport with English comentary (Not British Eurosport) is FTA on Analog 19E Satellite.
    Eurosport with German only FTA Digital 19E.
    British Eurosport on Sky 28.2 costs money.
    Other FTA satellite sport (no subscription):
    DSF, Extreme Sports, Go Barking Mad, TRNI, French horses (forget name), Motors TV, AB Motuers, Nuvolari (Italian Motor sport).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭jez

Watty

Thanks for all technical info!! However, basically, the reception is perfect , its just that Eurosport is scrambled all the time. I think its due to the channel being used for PPV soccer. That is also ridiculous as you lose one channel whilst another is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

There isn't a differnt MMDS you can point at (usually opposite polarity -- just pull out and 1/4 turn twist on the plastic bit on rod in middle of dish)? Usually the nearby on is on the inbetween channels. Dunno where you are.

Perhaps you don't fancy messing about on Chimney :D

You're right there! I'll wait until this Saturday when I'm sure they'll finally fix it.

Only reason I keep the Chorus box is because I'm expecting my SKy uk ex-Sub card to get blocked at any moment and then it will take me some time to organise a replacement.

Chorus box is also handy 'cause I can take it down to the caravan at weekends in the summer!!

All the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

bbc2 is permanently scrambled on my box. Im sick of complaining all the time:mad:

• Advertisement

Update...update....

Chorus man called bright and early this morning to resolve (or so I thought) my Eurosport problem on MMDS analogue.

He looked puzzled,pressed a few buttons, no joy.Then he went out to van and brought in a new decoder. This obviously worked right away on all channels. However,as he suspected,on phoning the office to switch this decoder to my account and to register the serial number etc , the same problem happened. He said I will get a call on Monday from someone! He reckons other customers on MMDS analog must have the same problem . i.e. Eurosport scrambled all the time...

Anyone had this experience...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

Originally posted by jez

He looked puzzled,pressed a few buttons, no joy.Then he went out to van and brought in a new decoder.

I dont know what half the buttons do on the box. Most of them dont affect the picture, anyone who has had one before would understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'd guess he popped in the box, switched it to Ch7 and then did an F1 test. That reports on the status of the reception (with a nice cryptic "CE", "CO", "SO", etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

He said I will get a call on Monday from someone!

Oh man, I really feel for you! I've been fobbed off with those fateful words so many times. It's just an excuse to get him out of there with a signature on his callout docket. I've started refusing to sign anything if they don't get everything 100% (including sweeping their s**t up, which gets left everywhere).

I'm fairly certain that the above line is emblazoned across page 1 of the Chorus Engineer's training manual. The topic being "How to Bulls**t and enrage your customers".

Advertisement