Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kilbane and Babb

• 29-10-2002 4:38pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Did you see the mess they made of the goal yesterday??

I busted my ass laughing, for those that did not Kilbane was on the edge of his own box and sliced a clearance that went back towards his goal, babb then powered a header over his keepers head.. you have to see it to believe it.

A classic, and these guys represent our country!! FFS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Both Kilbane and Babb played abysmally during the Bolton/Sunderland match, (although that was no real surprise) with Babb scoring his SECOND O/G in a few short weeks.

Neither player should be getting a starting place on an Irish international team at the moment judging by their performances.

The most entertaining thing about that match was the funny, articulate and quite knowledgeable fans who Sky chose to commentate in their 'Fanzone' on the digital service. They made the match almost worth watching ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's been know for eons know that they're $hite - hopefully McCarthy will have noticed and finally drop the two of them for Ireland.

Assuming he's still in the job of picking the players after he meets the FAI this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

<Sarcasm>Babb and Kilbane screw up? seriously?</Sarcasm>

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

ya i listened to that fanzone thing at my friends house at the start of the sason when arsenal played birmingham,it really brightens up dull games,some of the fans should seriously consider stand up comedy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

If Babb can make the Irish Eleven....

/me gets his boots

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

If Babb can make the Irish Eleven....

I'll get me granny:p

its weird cus i have a portuguese friend you supports sporting lisbon and last season he swore by phil babb cus he was keeping some portuguese international out of the central defence position.to keep the other guy happy they played him at full back.babb was also voted defender of the year,there must an awfully poor standard of football there.

kilbane was never good

Babb is good in great defences. EG: Coventry defence of 93-95(it rox0rz)

Babb is bad in defences, where he must take alot of responsablility EG: Liverpool defence of 95-97(Yes, those individuals were particularly good, but it was like a 3 man line-out wasnt it? - alot of running and such to be done etc)

imo, Babb should have stuck to Sporting Lisbon as best he could. Why bother coming back to, of all places, Sunderland?

/me slaps Phill Babb

Go back to Portugal m8! tbh pld gg :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Both players smell. And they're not good enough for international football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

The funny thing about this incident is not the goal itself but more the way the Irish press has reported it. If Steven Carr and Robbie Keane had made the same mistake for Spurs the story would have been practially buried but because it's two players the 'educated' press want rid of from the Irish setup it ended up being headline news as far as they were concerned.

*Sigh* at least Max Cliffords publishing adgenda is based on 'donations' and not ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

I'd rather play Kilbane or Babb at leftback than Ian Harte.

Let's hope Paul Tierney gets into the Man Utd team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

You'd play Kilbane at left back ?

Well that's a bold move, Ian Harte is a far better footballer than either of the two afore mentioned muppahs...

Kilbane was virtually playing left-back in the Ireland-Holland match, because Ian Harte wasn't bothering too. Kilbane did a good job of keeping Zenden under control. Kilbane is a sh*te winger, but he can at least tackle and he's fairly physical and he has pace. Three things Harte can only dream about. I wouldn't play Kilbane at left-back just yet, but I think that's where his future lies.

Get off the "I Hate Harte" bandwagon.

Do you think Ian Harte would have make the Leeds United squad thirteen times this season if he couldnt be bothered? **** off and lie down please. Watch a Leeds game.

I don't watch Leeds matches. My criticism of Harte is based on the previous 10 Ireland matches.

Then your critiscm will always be skewed. Harte doesnt just play for the Ireland. However, in the Swiss match, Harte was without a doubt great.

Harte isnt a defender imo, his positional sense screws him as a left-back. He belongs on the wing.

This has gone off-topic now, so I'll leave it at that.

Which Swiss match are we talking about? The one where Chapuisat walked around Harte like a cow walks around a boulder?

At least we are in agreement that Harte is a bad left-back. I'd like to see him have a go up the left wing too (like when Leeds played Deportivo at home a few years ago, he was MOTM) but we have Damien Duff for the left wing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

Kilbane played pretty well for sunderland today against charlton.
    Had a cracker of a shot, a few nice turns to create chances etc.
    I'm far from a fa of his but he did play well (offensively at least) today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He was unlucky alright, not really a high scoring weekend in the premiership all told...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I am in full agreement with CCCP, I thought Ian Harte had a very good game against Switzerland. It is funny that I have seen it reported in the last week that he had a howler. He is just getting the blame for everything now. Me personally I think it is all Kevin Kilbanes fault, I do not know how he makes a living out of being a footballer, never mind makes the international squad. F***ing one trick pony!

• Advertisement

i have to disagree,kilbane is such a technically gifted player!!!!!!!!!!!

ha ha ha only joking!!!!

Advertisement