Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

issue? or am i strange

• 30-10-2002 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have a question. I am a bit pissed off most of the time because i feel i don't end up with the girls i should be with. What i am getting at is that i don't really find average/good looking women attractive at all, I only find the really stunning women attractive. I mean to stay that i have absolutely no interest in women who most men would think are fine. I am very good looking according to girl friends but i still miss out on the women, i feel i should end up. What am i to do? seeing as i have no interest in 99% of the women out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Mysterio

It's a common problem. try to get to know them before you go all the way. say you meet them for drinks, don't try and get them into bed straightaway. leave that till the 2nd or 3rd date.

Have long chats, find out what they're interested in. Try and get beyond the bull**** that normally happens at the start of a relationship were each party tries to hide their faults and emphasize their weaknesses.

Most people don't know what they want in a relationship apart from the sex and companionship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Go and work with homeless/disabled. Maybe appreciate what you have instead of looking down on non-perfect people.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well speaking from experience... *ahem*

The beautiful women in my past have been the ladies with shallow characters and relatively naive minds. Nothing wrong with that but sometimes it's better to like someone for who they are as opposed to what they look like or you will be the shallow and naive person. But that doesnt matter eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by FraggleRock
    I have a question. I am a bit pissed off most of the time because i feel i don't end up with the girls i should be with. What i am getting at is that i don't really find average/good looking women attractive at all, I only find the really stunning women attractive. I mean to stay that i have absolutely no interest in women who most men would think are fine. I am very good looking according to girl friends but i still miss out on the women, i feel i should end up. What am i to do? seeing as i have no interest in 99% of the women out there?

i would suggest you find a girlfriend who is stunningly attractive, or prepare to spend your time being disappointed, or do a lot of wánking.

or is this your way of telling everyone how beautiful you think you are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

or is this your way of telling everyone how beautiful you think you are?

probably is:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

but isn't it a bit out of order if you go out a girl you are not that attracted because i know i will dump her when someone i find attractive comes along? i do agree with you about the personalities of a lot of very attractive women, but why oh why can't we (i) have both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Post up a few pics of your last few ladies. Or some that you pull over the next month.

We will let you know if they are good enough.

Try and get them to pose naked while your at it. no need for them to be holding their flaps apart or any thing. try and make them arty shots.

Black and whites are always arty and make sure all the girls wear braces orthodontic or artifical.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Eh - Why is it the Mods always take the piss?

b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

but isn't it a bit out of order if you go out a girl you are not that attracted because i know i will dump her when someone i find attractive comes along?

If you're so shallow, I'm not surprised you're so picky. Regardless of actual attractiveness, a good personality increases attractiveness exponentially. Or do you not talk to 'medicore' women long enough to find out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I dont see what your problem is. Either youll only go out with total babes or you dont. If you draw the line, then you have to accept that the total babes might not be interested in a shallow prick.

The only way you can change the situation is win the lotto and get a ferrari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭The Gopher

I have always found that everyday girls that you know are as beautiful,if not even better looking,than some of these models and pop singers.Alright,there are some who are just so fine that they cannot be beaten anywhere but there are alot of girls I know that I would much rather shag than,lets say,Britney Spears.I know plenty of girls who I would consider even better looking that some of the ones who are celebrities renowned for their looks.When you see a celebrity on tv that you find attractive you would be mainly looking at her body,her hair,her face etc.To become attracted to normal girls try first looking at my personal favourite-her eyes.Then you might actually notice that the rest of her is pretty stunning too.
    Then again maybe you live in a particularly ugly part of the country:D Ive been to France,possibly the most hyped place on earth when it comes to beautiful women,and I found nothing special about the majority of them.If i recall rightly,which I often dont,half them French chicks seem have their hair cut short :eek: IMO Ireland has some of the best looking girls anywhere IMHO,with a disproportionate amount being located in Dublin for some reason(must be all that Swedish blood in them from the Viking period :) )
    Not to diss culchie girls as there are plenty of fine ones but personally I find that a bigger proportion of Dub women are better looking:)

So in conclusion just lower your standards a little-there are plenty of good looking women living among us.

Either that or you should concentrate on becoming a famous actor/music artist and therefore will have access to the pick of the pile.

But to be honest I think you are being too picky.There are plenty of decent looking rides about the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭jim_bob

Why not order a bride from Russia or something if you have the money you can have a good looking women.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    Post up a few pics of your last few ladies. Or some that you pull over the next month.

We will let you know if they are good enough.

Try and get them to pose naked while your at it. no need for them to be holding their flaps apart or any thing. try and make them arty shots.

Do not do this. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Post a pic of yourself. Well tell you if you have a chance with "Good looking women".

Most likely you dont, so, to save time and energy.

<mod-edit>play nice kiddies!</mod-edit>

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by tribble

b

We have about 200 mods... they are not mods on this board. They have no specific rights on this board and can (and have) been banned for taking the piss on this board and others.

As to the posters question: if looks are all your after then thats all you'll get. Will you be happy with that?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by DeVore
    if looks are all your after then thats all you'll get.

Not necessarily......

can i be vague?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

i have no interest in 99% of the women out there

I know you're probably not going to take me seriously, but... if you only find exceptionally stunningly beautiful women attractive, then maybe you're not really attracted to women. Just a thought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by claire h
    Just a thought...

..and now the chap is gay...what a head job.
    #boards.ie delusional opinion #1544.
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

...holding their flaps apart or any thing...
    sorry - I'm still laughing at that :)

it sounds a bit like allthough you are trying to make it a general case, this is a specific problem with an unnamed person ?. Does your girlfriend read this board (hopefuly not)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

It seems pretty obvious to me what your problem is.

You think you are a stud because why?

A) some of your 12 year old sisters friends have told you the same

B) a few friends tried to boost your confidence by telling you as much

... the likely reality is you are not.

If you were as fantastic looking as you believe, you would simply go out and pull a stunning chick with a nice personality as you would have your pick of the bunch.

It is that simple.

Hard luck and all ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

Originally posted by DeVore
    We have about 200 mods...
    A child has many more...

Dem mods, dem mods, need Cal-ci-um.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

b

is there a problem with looking at the more cynical side of life?

maybe if you can make enough jokes at other peoples expecnses, you too can be a mod.

on track, i was beinging to think the whole ghey thing as well, but lets face it, if you are only going after 1% of the population, then youre going to be let down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭Tazz T

b

cos they think they're better looking than the rest of us :)

yea, i'll take some arty photo's. i'll say it is for some piece on the inner tranquility of todays modern urban woman. yea, i must be gay if i am that bit more discerning than the rest of you. I am not sure if i am that stunningly handsome but i certainly believe i am and that is most of that battle. but still a lot of women in ireland think they are fine when plainly they are not. i guess the diet of chips and the daily star battered leaves them drained mentally and physically

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

yea, i'll take some arty photo's. i'll say it is for some piece on the inner tranquility of todays modern urban woman. yea, i must be gay if i am that bit more discerning than the rest of you. I am not sure if i am that stunningly handsome but i certainly believe i am and that is most of that battle. but still a lot of women in ireland think they are fine when plainly they are not. i guess the diet of chips and the daily star battered leaves them drained mentally and physically

you, my son, are taking the piss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

What i am getting at is that i don't really find average/good looking women attractive at all, I only find the really stunning women attractive.

No, but, really what are you whinging about? You think that being immersed in a culture that exponenciates woman type (x) as being desireable and then you being a product of your environment desiring woman type (x) is strange?

Beg to differ grasshopper, there'd be something "wrong" with you if you weren't like this. What is a little weird is saying "am I shallow to fancy good looking chicks"? The answer is no you are a male product of your environment, end of story.

It's a nature/nurture thang, so go ahead find some chick you find intellectually interesting, see what the sex is like, then go and find yourself a cookie cutter and do the same, then logically disjunct which it is you perfare. Simple really.

Myself I don't mind lusting after classically desirable chicks and yes I accept that is due to the sort of culture I live in etc. Par example in certain cultures I would lust after chicks with great big earings as status symbols of a potential dowery and if I were not to do so, in such a culture, I would be considered abarant.

So you feel guilty about desiring cookie cutters, get over it. In my opinion you have simply become victimised by a faction within the media that exists to placate those who do not conform to the cookie cutter motif and cast derision on such physical forms. In either case one is still a product of one's environment, if you want to feel 'less guilty' about desiring ye olde Supermodel type chicks, just watch MTV alot and I gaurantee you, it will affect your psychology and lower your pangs of guilt else watch more of those pseudo liberal programs that rain derision on men for lusting after the atypical shapley woman. Again in either case one is a product of one's environment and in my opinion you have seen one non-supermodel feelgood program too many and it has caused a conflict with your basic male-lust media programming.

Feel free to cast aspersions to this logical proposition at your offended pseudo-liberal discression.
    Again my point is that this entire 'guilt' is subjective and thus does not actually exist from many points of view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I agree wholeheartedly. It's an inescapeable fact of life.

Typedef: that was total bo||ox. You could have said that in 10 words or less. Come on, cut the crap. It wasn't even funny, if you say it, no one will believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Muirthile

Originally posted by The Gopher
    To become attracted to normal girls try first looking at my personal favourite-her eyes.
    That's the key - the eyes.

Not to diss culchie girls as there are plenty of fine ones but personally I find that a bigger proportion of Dub women are better looking:)
    I find the exact opposite to be true .

Advertisement