Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 2000

Options
  • 30-10-2002 5:40pm
    Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭

After finally going 'modern' and ditching win95 at work, a major drawback is me not being able to setup quake1 properly for some lan dm4 fragathons.

We can play it, but due to the fact that we are an aged bunch, we can't easily adapt to not being able to see what weapon we are packing.
    It shows up in the status bar alright, but no big unmistakable RL on the screen, just a wee arrow type thing.

Using winquake - and a listen server at the moment.
    Could also use a dedicated server too (SBS 2000) - after all, that is what it was bought for ;)

Can this be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

You must have a small version of quake, which has the weapon models taken out and replaced by the arrow to keep the filesize down. You can get someone to send you the models you need, and put them back in.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I have the full version of quake. Can these models be 'copied over' for use in winquake or something?
    Like how would this be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hmm, I have the full version also and the weapons are visible when i have r_Drawviewmodel 1 set. But I used to have the triangle in place of weapon model before, when I had smallquake. I cant help ya :<

Advertisement