Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret societies?

• 30-10-2002 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

what's the story with all these clubs like Comeonbanus, *********s and Lexcorp?

what are they for and how does one join?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dunno what yer talking about mate :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

I had contact with lexcorp yesterday..man i was this close.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

How about us plebs start our own secret society?

Course if you've heard of a secret society then it aint secret :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Comeonbanus and lexcorp are the only societies there is, secret or otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

who are the *********s?

i mean are the called the ten stars or something?

or are you using my password to log inot my system?
    are you looking into my system?
    can you see what i do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"what are they for "

For people who have a lack of meaningful things in their lives I believe...

"and how does one join?"

They're only for the '1337' as they like to think of themselves, from what I've seen it's nothing special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by chernobyl
    I had contact with lexcorp yesterday..man i was this close.
    I soon showed you the exit door,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Lexcorp is SO secret that Lenny changed his name.

reminds me of the THOMPSONS

whats all this ive heard about SMAT ? are they secret ? or desperate / lonely ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Lexcorp?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by Mercury_Tilt
    awwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhh

Long live Lenny!!

:)

I conquor
    Orgionally posted by Gone Shootin
    Lexcorp is SO secret that Lenny changed his name.

reminds me of the THOMPSONS

Now thats another story, ssshhhh ;)

Originally posted by NoelRock
    "what are they for "

"and how does one join?"

They're only for the '1337' as they like to think of themselves, from what I've seen it's nothing special.

someone feels left out......

*GROUP HUGZ*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I was asked to join comeonbanus but the initiation involving Kharn, a Gerbil, some ducting tape and a Vat of sanded Vaseline just put me off it :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by NoelRock
    "what are they for "

"and how does one join?"

You go girl ;)

I think it's better to be a part of the majority on things like this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Mysterio

I pertinax has an excellent idea. We could call ourselves "The Grand Order of Plebs". Noelrock, you're more than welcome to join us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by gandalf
    I was asked to join comeonbanus but the initiation involving Kharn, a Gerbil, some ducting tape and a Vat of sanded Vaseline just put me off it :)

Gandalf.

Any bets that Gerbil wasn't from Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by gandalf

Gandalf.

this initiation procedure was, of course, introduced AFTER I became a member...

phew, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Bard
    this initiation procedure was, of course, introduced AFTER I became a member...

phew, eh?

So, you're a giver, not a taker, eh?

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I was a member of Comeanbanus, but they've let me go.... :mad:
    I didn't have to do any initiation crap though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Can we add the words 'Lexcorp' and 'Comeonbanus' to the censor please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    I was a member of Comeanbanus, but they've let me go.... :mad:
    I didn't have to do any initiation crap though
    That explains it all really, you need to do an initiation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Trojan
    So, you're a giver, not a taker, eh?
    Giving is more important...... :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, its important we state this for once and for all.

"Secret Societies" are there by and large to get noob's to ask what they are about.

Mostly they are groups of mates who have been around here a long time who get together and have a drink or who want to post on Boards without being trolled/flamed or have to deal with DEATHGIVER2003's unique perspective...

Its an excerise in locking something away so that suddenly it becomes the most important thing to know about in some peoples eyes :)

There are tons of Clans which are effectively the same things but stick an oooh-scary name on it, put it in your sig and then deny its existance or refuse access and suddenly its a topic of any number of threads.

You have been warned :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Oh I love the way he talks about Secret Societies like he has no involvment with them..

Since you're being so nice and open DeV, you care to share your involvement with the free-masons or will I save you the trouble?

Sad little plot indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

freemasions

what a free french housing scheme? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Who told you about the free french housing scheme? Code four we have a breach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Originally posted by LoBo
    Can we add the words 'Lexcorp' and 'Comeonbanus' to the censor please?

i like it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by DeVore
    Ok, its important we state this for once and for all.

"Secret Societies" are there by and large to get noob's to ask what they are about.

Mostly they are groups of mates who have been around here a long time who get together and have a drink or who want to post on Boards without being trolled/flamed or have to deal with DEATHGIVER2003's unique perspective...

lol. In fact ROFL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DEATHGIVER2003

What's so wrong about my perspective? I haven't even said anything yet!

Originally posted by bubbles
    Oh I love the way he talks about Secret Societies like he has no involvment with them..

Since you're being so nice and open DeV, you care to share your involvement with the free-masons or will I save you the trouble?

Sad little plot indeed.

Interesting. As an Admin, I presume he would have access to all private forums. And that I presume would be a conflict of interest.
    Except of course if he was voted in by whatever structure a particular society would have in place and not made a member by the backdoor.

But I'm only a newbie so it's not my place to make such presumptions :)

im sorry, im not sure i can condone that sort of thing.
    i feel that the name shows a lack of respect for fellow posters and indicates a social ineptness that may lead to something more serious, ala a US school shooting.
    I think mr 2003's perspective is completely askew at this juncture and needs to go for a little bit of soical remedy therapy....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DEATHGIVER2003

Dear Tilt,

Thank you for those kind words and I'm glad I brought a smile to you even if I suspect you are laughing at me rather than with me.

Nevertheless I think that DeVore chap will soon end my time here on boards.ie as I think he has it in for me, brother.

To Mr Whitewashman I say this:

I have heard of your attempts at flaming and trolling and will not rise to your obviously inflamatory comments.

Yours in Death,

DEATHGIVER2003

• Advertisement

Ah so this is a troll and presumably DEATHGIVER2003 is a troll account (I do apologise if that is not the case).

I feel we have gone somewhat off-topic however.

Given what you've been posting Mysterio you sound a bit like a troll account yourself.

Originally posted by amp
    Given what you've been posting Mysterio you sound a bit like a troll account yourself.

OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONTRAVERTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HANDBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONTRAVERTIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HANDBAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOO-EEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moi? Controversial? Never :p

• Advertisement

All admins have access to all private forums by default. We watch and monitor for illegal activities and general naughtyness but other then that do not side with one versus the other (unless its funny!)

Yes we banned the word Freemasons for a laugh because it generated a SHÍTSTORM of enquiries we thought were funny :).
    We're odd like that. :)

DeV.

Originally posted by amp

Really? What do you base that argument on? I have merely made observations about these secret socities.
    All admins have access to all private forums by default. We watch and monitor for illegal activities and general naughtyness but other then that do not side with one versus the other (unless its funny!)
    [/b]

Aha, an admission! Given that only the word *********s has been banned the only conclusion can be that Devore is in fact a member of that organisation.

Why do you not have that masonic logo in your signature like what I presume are also members of the *********s then?

Also I find it disturbing that *********s are running a popular irish bulletin board.

See http://www.masonicinfo.com/ for more details.

We're odd like that. :)

and we wouldnt have it any other way!!

Originally posted by Mysterio
    Also I find it disturbing that *********s are running a popular irish bulletin board.

i dont think freemasons run boards.ie. its just a name. i dont presume the comeonbanus people actually want to get banned loike.

or something. im hungover. ill get my coat.

Really? What do you base that argument on? I have merely made observations about these secret socities.

Aha, an admission! Given that only the word *********s has been banned the only conclusion can be that Devore is in fact a member of that organisation.

Why do you not have that masonic logo in your signature like what I presume are also members of the *********s then?

See http://www.masonicinfo.com/ for more details. [/B]

God, you really are clueless aren't you? Either that or you really are a troll. And get some tag skilz

Ok, I admit I don't know everything. I just find that a group even naming itself after a society that is mostly looks after it's own interests and not the good of mankind as a whole disturbing. Especially when it runs boards.ie.

As for my "tag skillz", that's just unfair. You've been on boards far longer than I. And unlike you I've had a life for the past couple of years.

/me looks under bridge

HI MYSTERIO!

As for the non-life "flame" we have a card for such an occasion:

indenial.jpg

i 'heart' you amp.

I "heart" you too baby.

Also I find it disturbing that *********s are running a popular irish bulletin board. .

and since you dont own or run this board, then its not really any of your business who deos what is it?

if it offends you in some way, you could always leave.
    you never know, these freewhatsists might even throw a party, but there wouldnt be many people there, as i assume it would be private and secret.

now, would you like to tell us what else you find disturbing?

i think those bananas in pajamas are very disturbing. i never realised bananas shopped in M&S!?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement