Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret societies?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Mysterio
    Ok, I admit I don't know everything. I just find that a group even naming itself after a society that is mostly looks after it's own interests and not the good of mankind as a whole disturbing. Especially when it runs boards.ie.

freemasions don't run it. It's the Seckret order of Amp Test.
    And unlike you I've had a life for the past couple of years.

Only because AmpTest let you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Mysterio

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    and since you dont own or run this board, then its not really any of your business who deos what is it?

if it offends you in some way, you could always leave.

This is plainly nonsense. I don't run the government but I am allowed voice my concerns about the way the country is run. And if I don't like the way this countrys run I shouldn't have to leave it for having an opinion.

you never know, these freewhatsists might even throw a party, but there wouldnt be many people there, as i assume it would be private and secret.

They would throw a party because I left boards.ie? I'm honoured that I've made such an impact.

The rest of your post is drivel.

test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

why isnt there a card for people who ask about those sekrit clubs that dont exist??

maybe this would do...
    injoke.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

This is plainly nonsense. I don't run the government but I am allowed voice my concerns about the way the country is run. And if I don't like the way this countrys run I shouldn't have to leave it for having an opinion.

[/b]

They would throw a party because I left boards.ie? I'm honoured that I've made such an impact.

test [/B]

the government is a democracy.

this isnt.

all of your post is nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd like to thank all those that participated in this thread. It's been an enormous amount of fun for me and made this very boring week more bearable.

Well done Hobbes and Smak!

/me takes bow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Mysterio

Eamon. I love you.

/me takes bow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DEATHGIVER2003

No, really, I do.

/me takes bow.

Eamon. I love you.

and not me? stop playing hard to get, you big tease you!!

I love you too Smak. But in a profoundly different way.

wwmansupertroll.jpg

• Advertisement

Eamon. I love you.

/me takes bow

You are always my honey-bunny

/me curtsies.

/me and Whitewashman waltz into the sunset...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

the government is a democracy.

this isnt.

all of your post is nonsense.

Mysterio, all your post are belong to us.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think mr 2003's perspective is completely askew at this juncture and needs to go for a little bit of soical remedy therapy....
    You mean he should have the ***** kicked out of him?

Yeah! Kill DEATHGIVER2003!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

test [/B]
    godgivenright.jpg

• Advertisement

its all been exposed people.

theres nothing to see here.
    move along to the next thread please, and stop posting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by Mr.Applepie
    godgivenright.jpg

Ha ha? Sad and pointless life? Sorry but you're on the internet for goodness sake, you can't be throwing out insults like that! Rather lame indeed.

Very witty - oh and their isn't spelled as 'thier' while we're at it. :rolleyes:.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    what a free french housing scheme? ;)
    I’m going to get it trouble for this!!!

I’m interested it in how far they will go… deleting this message? Banning me? or ????

I don’t know much about the Free(you know whats)

And I don’t know if the ones on boards.ie have links with the main group

But this is some interesting text about them (thanks to the good old BBC)…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_8000/8063.stm -

“UK

*********s - moral guardians or centre of corruption

Opponents say Masonic rituals and oaths could put members at odds with public duty
    Depending on your point of view *********ry is either a gentleman's club devoted to moral and spiritual values or a corrupt organisation intent on looking after number one.

One thing is certain - *********s would like to stay out of the public eye as much as possible.
    And it is the Masons obsession with secrecy that causes suspicion in non-members.

Even their origins are open to question. Some say the first examples of masonry date back to the Egyptian pyramid builders although modern *********s can only claim a 300-year history.

Throughout their history, stories of rituals and threats have leaked out of the society.
    But it is also how the membership is made up that worries some quarters.

Trumped up charges
    The *********s are estimated to have more than 300,000 members in the UK. Stories are rife of masons winning promotion because their boss is also a member.

So are tales of accused men standing in the dock giving the judge a sly sign indicating he is a mason, although evidence of such cases remains in the realms of urban myth.

But Martin Short, author of Inside the Brotherhood, told the Home Affairs Select Committee how two Asian businessmen stumbled on a Masonic dinner at a hotel and were prosecuted on trumped up charges of assaulting police officers.

He said it later became apparent that the 'victim' police officers were lodge members as was the investigating officer, a senior official in the Crown Prosecution Service and the hotel manager. The jury acquitted the businessmen.

Two years ago, the select committee said: "We believe that nothing so much undermines public confidence in public institutions as the knowledge that some public servants are members of a secret society, one of whose aims is mutual self-advancement."

Masonic rules state that members must do all they can to support each other, to look after each other and to keep each others' lawful secrets.

And for those breaking the rules the penalties as outlined in initiation rituals, where the new member is blindfolded and wearing a hangman's noose, are harsh - their throat will be slit, their tongue torn out and then they will be buried in the sand.

It is not that anti-Masonists believe Masons will carry out the threats but they do argue that the oaths of allegiance could put them at odds with public duty.

More than 250 years of secrecy
    Since 1717, when four London lodges came together to form a Grand Lodge based on the concepts of brotherly love, relief and truth, non-members have been suspicious of *********ry.

But it was only 14 years ago that the Masons began courting public acceptance with a leaflet on the positive aspects of their 'craft'.

Eight years later the media were invited to attend a masonic meeting for the first time.
    *********s argue their organisation is open to any man regardless of religion or colour.
    They say that all someone needs to join is a belief in a god, but not necessarily the Christian God, and a good reputation.

They insist that a Mason, who is a judge, for example, could not be put in a compromising position because *********ry demands members respect the law.
    And ********* literature says the society condemns members who use membership to promote his personal or business interests.

Masons date with destiny
    The Home Affairs Select Committee appears not so sure - it has summoned two leading Masons to the House of Commons on Thursday.

The committee wants to question them about masonic involvement in the John Stalker disciplinary hearing, which forced the former Deputy Chief Constable of Greater Manchester to abandon his inquiry into an alleged shoot-to-kill policy being operated in Northern Ireland.
    They will also be asked about *********ry in the discredited and disbanded West Midlands Serious Crimes Squad.

So far the Masons summoned, Commander Michael Higham, grand secretary of the United Lodge of England, and John Hamill, the lodge's librarian, have, in time honoured fashion, refused to reveal the names of masons involved in the cases. “ - BBC Online

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lmfao

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

So how many troll accounts are actually on this thread then?

• Advertisement

So, I'm not banned and my message was not deleted (or is it a only matter of time?) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Hopefully.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

*mashes head on keyboard*

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by NoelRock
    Ha ha? Sad and pointless life? Sorry but you're on the internet for goodness sake, you can't be throwing out insults like that! Rather lame indeed.

Very witty - oh and their isn't spelled as 'thier' while we're at it. :rolleyes:.

He probably didn't make that card in the first place... if you're correcting him on it's content, you're missing the point, tbh...

oh, and pointing out people's spelling errors on a web boards site isn't very big & clever either... (especially when the error isn't theirs :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Funnies sh1t ive seen here in ages. Shouldnt this be in the humour board ?

Clue 1: The people with "I am a Troll account" in their signatures are, in fact, troll accounts.

Clue 2: I played the Supertroll card

Clue 3: Mysterio said DEATHGIVER2003 was a troll account

Clue 4: I said Mysterio was a troll account 3 or 4 times

Clue 5: Hobbes busted me and used the phrase "amp test"

Clue 6: Mysterio replied to Wwman's post and included the word test (traditional reply to an "amp test) at the end on it's own

Clue 7: Anybody still getting upset by either Mysterio or DEATHGIVER2003's posts after this post is definitely trolling or just really really really stupid

Cluedo: A pretty funny film starring Tim Curry

Clueless: A not funny film starring Alicia Silverstone

Clouseau (Inspector): Played by Peter Sellers in The Pink Panther

save me jebus!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Bard
    oh, and pointing out people's spelling errors on a web boards site isn't very big & clever either... (especially when the error isn't theirs :rolleyes:)
    Isn't the correct speeling "thiers", "i" before "e" and all that ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Murphys

The Masons society is an Anti-Catholic/Irish group, which leads me to believe that there are a load of RUC Brits running this community

• Advertisement

oh well, and I thought this was an Irish forum.

How bout we set up an Anti-British Community?

Or do we only allow Free-Mas0ns to express their racism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Oh look, Mr Pompidou is back.

Bravo. You get the "Never Gives Up" troll award.

Hi Kitten I assume that's what the name means.

What do you mean by Pmopidou?

Well I've just come across this community and seen that many postings are very English orientated, so can you tell me if this is an Irish or English Website?

newnicksamecrap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

this is an Irish or English Website?

what do you think the .ie inm Boards.ie stands for ??!!

answer :

irishenglish

its a vehicle for the harmonisation between the two nations, man

Just seems there's more "E"nglish than "I"rish

Time to change to .co.uk

[BWhy is there a secret Masons society here?[/B]

Just one more question

2187 (4.49 per day)

Do any of you people actually have jobs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

God save the Queen and such.

Two English Gents, spreading Western Culture to Africa in the early 1900s down the hunting club remark.

A:"So have you heard about Cruthers?"
    B:"What about im?"
    A:"Well he is living with a Monkey".
    B:"Oh my god, boy monkey or girl monkey".
    A:"Girl Monkey of course, nothing strange about old Cruthers".

• Advertisement

Murphys
    Cool Newbie

Do you?

Troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

2187 (4.49 per day)

SSSHHH, your gona blow my cover

i work for the a sekrit British Government agency to, oops, ive said too much

Do you?

Err
    let me see ,
    seen that it's my first day posting on this site
    And I haven't been posting junk mails everyday since July 2000

But of course I've been missing out in soo much by not forming complex relationships with my boards.ie/vbulletin buddies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

How would you know? You have bothered your arse to try.

Originally posted by Gone Shootin
    2187 (4.49 per day)

SSSHHH, your gona blow my cover

i work for the a sekrit British Government agency to, oops, ive said too much

Not too bad dude,
    I'm glad to see some people here have a sense of humour

Q?

Are there any other better Irsih communities/ borads on the internet

That is one that doesn't constantlly post crap about David Beckham and have craapy Masons groups?

Just curious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Murphys

It goes further back then that, but the freemaisons didn't want anyone to find out.
    That is one that doesn't constantlly post crap about David Beckham and have craapy Masons groups?

Forum 1

Forum 2

Take your pick... BUT GO THERE NOW BEFORE FREMAIS0NS DELETE THEM!! I HVAE SAID TOO MUCH!

• Advertisement

Not too bad dude,
    I'm glad to see some people here have a sense of humour

Q?

Are there any other better Irsih communities/ borads on the internet

Just curious

you know if you spent your time looking for a preferred website instead of moaning about this one, youd be happier.

anyway, have a nice day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar and the barman says:
    "This has got to be a joke"

Do you?

Err
    let me see ,
    seen that it's my first day posting on this site

But of course I've been missing out in soo much by not forming complex relationships with my boards.ie/vbulletin buddies

Murphys, You’re so full of bull sheit, first attack not a few people, but nearly every one on boards.ie for not being Irish and then for people posting 4.49 per day, when you posted 22 posts in one day!

Just because you don’t like the opinion of some members of Boards.ie doesn’t give you the right to say everyone (or most people) on boards.ie share their opinions.

I know one thing is certain, Boards.ie would be better off with out extremist, when all the extremist talk about is their extremist views, raving and ranting about how everyone out to get them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

gone wheres our sm*t forum?

btw check yer pm's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

indenial.jpg
    I love it when i get to post one of these :) Although this ones already been posted this thread, iirc, which suggests that its getting old and boring, not to mention pointless (which it was since Dev's first post).

I call for a thread lock.

A

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement