Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

harddrive problem

• 30-10-2002 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

ok here it goes:

i bought a new harddrive the other week, installed win xp and then left it at that and switched the connections into me existing harddrive, but when i changed back to install me software the other day i got the error message "operating system error" and now i cant format the drive, or reinstall windows

any ideas? i was thinkin maybe setting the 2 harddrives (my old one and the new one with the problem) up as master and slave with the old hd as master, then i could maybe get into the other harddrive tru windows to format it via that?

i cant run fdisk on it as i get the error message "you cannot format a networked drive" which is news to me, coz its not a feckin networked drive as far as i know.

the harddrive in question is a maxtor 30gig drive

all suggestions welcome,
    cheers in advance
    pete

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ok, problem solved, i answered me own question there lol. ah the joys of not having a clue what yer doin when fiddling with a machines insides

Advertisement