Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom - the game's up

Options
  • 30-10-2002 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

We’ve published a comprehensive and illustrated (!) article about the situation Eircom finds itself in.
    We even suggest a little information drive geared at the employee-owners of our incumbent telco.

Peter

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Uh, where?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

You mention ISDN – please don’t be shy and name the outrageous pricing too: 6 euros per hour for 128kbit/s in addition to a hefty monthly subscription and set-up fee.

That is incorrect, It is ~€2.40 per hour peak and half that offpeak.
    Eircom Price list
    Having said that I completely support what you are doing and consider you site very funny and generally accurate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭eircomtribunal

Originally posted by MagicBusDriver
    That is incorrect, It is ~€2.40 per hour peak and half that offpeak.
    Eircom Price list

I take your point to a point:
    Our price is correct on the 1892 access, that is the one where you don't pay extra for a subscription.
    On your subscription based 1891 access your 2.34 euros per hour price are theoretically applicable, but you pay additional for the subscription (and of course there is the ISDN line rental), which is difficult to compute into an hourly price as it varies according to the usage time.

Would you mind figuring out how much 24/7 128 k ISDN usage would cost?

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

well played imo , expose 'em , expose 'em all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Just read thru it all, brilliant stuff!

Printing off some Flyers and Postcards as I type :]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by eircomtribunal
    Would you mind figuring out how much 24/7 128 k ISDN usage would cost?

Peter

I would. I would mind terribly. I have had to do it a couple of times recently for business reasons and having to work out how much it cost me would leave me sleepless for a couple of nights, with rage if nothing else. :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

That made some excellent reading:) defo be passing this info on to friends. I'll also be firing up my printer...I also loved the analogy you used on another page.
    From EircomTribunal
    "Eirtel" owns all means of television broadcasting in this country. It makes all television broadcasting on a pay per view basis at 3 euros per hour on daytime and somewhat less during nighttimes (will add up to 41 euros for one single day, somewhat less with discount schemes). All the programs are aired in black and white and mono sound only. Other companies can compete but cannot offer better pricing, as they have to buy from "Eirtel".
    In a small area where "Eirtel" faces real competition it offers colour and stereo television for a monthly flatrate of 107 euros – this is still three times the price it is offered in other countries, but enormously cheaper than the black and white offering it makes to 95 percent of the population. The regulator and the competition authority fail to see anything wrong.

Unimaginable?

Class....Keep up the good work

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Guys careful with the picture of the rat on the page......very close to the actual copyrighted one!

Patented rats.... :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Click his link

It wasn't there when he posted. And my cache is empty thanks.

Excellent stuff by the way EircomTribunal. More jamming, more!

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Excellent as usual. Insightful, witty and brutally honest, well done. We shouldn't have much trouble finding €ircom vans because everyday I must see at least 4 if not more, one wonders what (if anything) they are all doing and who is paying for all of them, although I think we already know the answer to that question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sax0000

Originally posted by Hannibal_12
    Excellent as usual. Insightful, witty and brutally honest, well done. We shouldn't have much trouble finding €ircom vans because everyday I must see at least 4 if not more, one wonders what (if anything) they are all doing and who is paying for all of them, although I think we already know the answer to that question.

As an aside one wonders how big their fleet is?

How many of us?

How can we make sure that every one of them gets at least one stuff it under your wiper per day each? Countrywide.

We need to give em constant mental stimulation (where it hurts) i.e. under the wiper blades.

Until the message sinks in.

sax0000

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Anyone with real player can watch the story RTE News done today on Eircom reducing national calls "too little too late".
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2002/1031/6news/6news56_6a.ram

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by sax0000

We need to give em constant mental stimulation (where it hurts) i.e. under the wiper blades.

Until the message sinks in.

Eh, the leaflet on the eircom van makes a funny photo but thats about it.

You might as well paint your arse green and whistle dixie for they care about anything on the eircomtribunal website.

Stick the leaflets where the general populace can see em. Educate the people and people in a position to change things. Not eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Great stuff ... those twits (any of the ones who have conspired, knowingly or unwittingly, to keep the general populace off the internet during the day) should be shown that site as required reading to keep their jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

The only people who will see the leaflets are linesmen and technicians..I'm sure they are aware of customers issues as they spend a lot of time "on site"

Advertisement