Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nirvana Night - VH1

• 31-10-2002 10:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

For any fans of Nirvana with access to the VH1 Channel, they're holding a Nirvana night this Saturday from 8pm. The schedule includes the Unplugged Session at 8, a documentary (can't remember which one) at 9, and then the premiere of "Kurt and Courtney", which is something about the "alleged" suicide, at 10.

They finish off the evening with a half-hour greatest hits slot at 11.30.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Proper Schedule:

20:00 Nirvana Unplugged in New York

21:00 Nirvana: Egos & Icons
    A fascinating look at the short history of the most important band of the 90s. Includes rare footage of the late Kurt Cobain discussing musical influences and his unusual take on fame.

22:00 Kurt & Courtney
    Documentary that sets out to establish the truth bhind the events leading up to the alleged suicide of the Nirvana front man. Includes interviews with police, their nanny and many more.

It was orginally showing this documentary as an hour and a half, but now it's two and a half-hours. Seems a bit long?

12.30 Nirvana: Greatest Hits

Finishes at 1.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would really love it if someone showed the Live & Loud show that MTV showed a few years ago

No help to you, but it was on MTV2 two weeks ago. It was also on earlier this year, so there might be a chance of seeing it soon sometime. I think I have it on video somewhere, but it might have been taped over. Must have a look, as I wasn't able to see the whole thing at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    No help to you, but it was on MTV2 two weeks ago

:(
    i must keep an eye out for it. i had it taped and i really liked it. then when i was sitting down to watch it last year i found the Popstars final thing on it :mad: blasted sister :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

well feckit anyways,
    i just started d/lin the special there thank god there was 1 person who had it:)

was it good

• Advertisement

I still have to watch the Kurt and Courtney documentary, but the Egos and Icons one I have seen before. It's quite good, but nothing astoundingly new.

I did see the start of the Kurt and Courtney one, and there seems to be no Nirvana music in it at all cause Courtney wouldn't allow it. They wouldn't even play Kurt's first recording that his aunt Mary actually played for them, for fear of legal reprisal. I was rather disgusted at that - I would have thought that it didn't belong to Kurt so it couldn't have belonged to Courtney.

Someone has it digitised? Wowzer, wouldn't like to have to download it over a 56k..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

The master copy of "Kurt and Courtney" was sold by Nick Blomfield at Christies in London a while back.It had all the orginal un-cut stuff like the fecal matter demo and the full interview with El Duce where he says Courtney asked him to kill Kurt.
    If you have squillions of billions of euros I'm sure whatever rich dick bought it will give it to you.

Dregin

Originally posted by dregin-x
    If you have squillions of billions of euros I'm sure whatever rich dick bought it will give it to you.

Cool! Was wondering what do with all this blooming dosh!

I wish.

/me adds it to my Amazon Wishlist

Advertisement