Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shopping list for tomorrow

Options
  • 31-10-2002 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭

2 things to do tmrw...

first... buy my copy of sigur ros' new album

second... buy my copy of the phantom volume 1 thang

is there anything else i'm forgetting?

mick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭shay

Sigur Ros' album is fantastic - a must buy.... have it in with me today actually.

Perhaps the Foo Fighters new one (if you're into them) - got that too this week and it's class!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

never really been a foo's fan... only really ever liked 'everlong'... i'm gonna get such an ear bashing for saying the above, ah shure

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Richie

Oh the new Sigur Ros album is so good it's not even funny! The first and last songs are amazing.
    Other than that, the new JJ72 album is really good if you like that kinda thing. There's a couple of "hold on till I just get out my rhyming dictionary and see what rhymes with..........." songs, but other than that I like it a lot.

Agghh!
    Just found out Badly Drawn Boy AND Groove Armada's new albums are out on Monday -
    anyone know off any ill-protected financial establishments????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

im contemplating buying the sigur ros album...

but can any of u guys who know me tell me if i'd like it? i dont have the money to take a risk

would it be reminiscent of air at all?

• Advertisement

hey,
    would compare it to Air def. It can be best described as molodic, dreamy music.
    P.S. If ya rate the Ticket in the Times, they gave it 5 stars

(oh, outta 5)

Just realised you probably knew the above - woops.

Anyhoo, heard Freebird have it for €17 or so.... TBC
    or on CDWOW for 13.95 delivered.

like the bloke who couldn't pronounce f,r or t -

you can't say fairer than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i couldn't see an air comparison.

on paper sigur ros are a pretty awful propostion. no song titles, lyrics are gibberish, songs are an average of 10 dreary minutes long and move along at a pretty funereal pace. basically a prog rock nightmare.

but despite all that they're simply amazing.

a fairer comparison, in terms of what they're trying to do rather than soundalike, are low, and i think you like them.

buy it from road, buy *everything* from road. buy my album from road. now. do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

also, forget your foo fighters and your qotsa, the best rock album currently available for your europes is suicide invoice by hot snakes

HOT SNAKES!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

AIR? yeah right. nothing like them.

Low's album trust is quality as well as the new jimmy cake one. if your stuck and want to hear an album with one good song buy coldplay and listen to the song 'daylight' then throw it away as its music for people who wet the bed.

Question: has anyone noticed that one line on the sigur ros album that is repeated and repeated in almost every song?

It sound like 'You sigh alone' but im sure it is some icelandic gibberish.

66e

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Drowner, i like the sigur ros album a lot and would recommend everyone to get it....................but seeing as you didn't like the last album i told you to buy you should make your own decision, a good idea might be to go into a shop with it on a listening post.

i think (and maybe this'll be proved by me buying the album) that i know what shay was getting at, it doesnt sound like air, but you'd probably use the same words to describe them, such as melodic or dreamy. im probably wrong.
    anwywho....ed, i have to give that album another listen. ill probably like it a bit more next time i hear it. i just love sad music, and it sounded a bit too happy for me.
    66e....awwww leave coldplay alone, i love that new album! Mick had a go at them at yer gig and i felt like smacking him, but every1 to their own opinion.
    anyway, im probably going to buybthe sigur ros album, but would it be more happy or sad music? minor keys or major keys?

and yes i know it's not 'music' as such :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

NEW FOO FIGHTERS ALBUM HAS BRIAN MAY ON IT!!!!!

live8.jpg

YAAAYYYY!!!!!!! I'M RELEVANT AGAIN!

i wasnt having a go at coldplay at all... i really like the new album... at first i thought it was shíte then broke up wit the missus and could relate to it, now i think its great... the reason i used coldplay as an eg. was cos they were on the same night...

what i was saying is that i'm just very glad that there are amazing bands in our city like the 66 electric that ya only have to pay feckin €7 to see and who PERSONALLY i would rather see then many bands that are charging €35 to a gig... i guess its more a go at mcd or whoever than coldplay.. ya know???

that was all ...apologies if i offended anyone

i know i know, i thoughtu liked coldplay so i was a bit conflustered/

Originally posted by the66electric
    It sound like 'You sigh alone' but im sure it is some icelandic gibberish.

66e

i'm kinda hearin 'you sat alone'

its feckin brilliant! so it is, such an incredible band and yes drowner you will defo like it has alot of stuff thats important to you in it...its good shít

Advertisement