Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search Facility. How?

Options
  • 31-10-2002 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine wants a search facility for his site as he has over 500 items with pics and text on each item.

Does anyone know of a suitable search facility tutorial that i can use

Thanks

Motm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Does he want to search a database (which one?) or does he want to search his site pages? I'd recommend theAtomz search engine if he's looking for a "search site" function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

Yeah he wants to search the site pages. What does ATomz do.

Do you know of another site which uses Atomz

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

Tons of sites, large and small use it. Too many to list. See Atomz.com for sample sites.

Its very customisable and the person would hardly know they've left your site.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

Don't know if this is the best example, but http://www.belanich.com/ came up in a search for "atomz search". You'll get the idea. The only advertisement shown on the results page is a logo linking to atomz, which is very reasonable.

You can sign up for the trial account, where you will get access to most features, but it is limited to indexing 500 pages per site.

Advertisement