Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal bands you just can't stand

14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 katzen

avenge sevenfold, slipknot, trivium. when will these people grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

katzen wrote: »
    avenge sevenfold, slipknot, trivium. when will these people grow up

+ metallica, guns'n'roses, U2.

Ill think of more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

definetly plus a million on the U2 thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

Thankyou very much mr.mod sir, also Iv read back through a few pages of this thread and ancient passionate hates have been awoken.. but I noticed someone mentioning QOTSA.. tut tut.. bad dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

3Oh!3 if you can call them a band.
    BFMV. Matt Tucks whinish voice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Randall_AAR

Pugsley wrote: »
    Linkin park
    Limp chocolate biscuit
    all kiddie punk bands (blink 182, sum41, bowling for soup etc)

Too many to list tho, so i wont go any farther.... and im too damn lazy to think of them :)

I agree with Blink 182 and Bowling for Soup, But is Sum41 really "kiddie punk" anymore? with song's like "Over my Head", "Pieces" and "Still Waiting"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

H1tmonlii wrote: »
    3Oh!3

What does that stand for?

What does that stand for?
    wikipedia wrote:
    The band is named after the 303 area code, which includes Boulder as well as the Denver metropolitan area

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Oh, I thought it was just a name shortened like A7X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

Avenged Sevenfold
    U2 x 1,000,000,000,000,000,000
    Blink 182
    Coldplay, god they are so boring it's actually uncomprehensible
    Iced Earth
    Cradle of Filth

Death metal in general.
    Anything with -core in the name of it.
    Dragonforce, Fast does not equal good.

Any of that ****e that people insist on ruining Bruxelles with, downtuned into the dirt and growled off key over. If you tune it down that much it's not really music anymore and putting 20x songs of it on is just obnoxious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Devildriver - I don't understand why they're being shoved down peoples throats at the moment with the new album when they were all but forgotten in 2004

Lamb of God - Metallica don't need to keep pushing this band with a support slot, Slayer need to stop saying they're the next incarnation, and the band themselves just turn me off Metal!

Skindred - Every few years they pop up, with almost the same album, re-release it and try and break the mainstream metal. And fail. They will be performing undercard shows for life and yet unlike most bands who were undercard and ingnored until they split (Trashlight Vision, Hanoi Rocks etc) this band will keep going for some very disturbing reason

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭starflake

Kharn wrote: »
    Aerosmith (dear jesus I would love to murder you all you rubbish old bastards, but thank you Steven Tyler for your daughter).

Aerosmiths first 2 albums in 1970's were quality albums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

starflake wrote: »
    Aerosmiths first 2 albums in 1970's were quality albums.

Their 1970s albums fullstop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Fair enough i suppose, Im into death and thrash metal myself mostly. It stands to reason that with no slayer or venom etc there would be no death, and with no motorhead there would be no thrash.

I suppose i just find it weird, ive never met a metalhead that doesnt like slayer or maiden!

I know what you mean, but I know a few people who are into lots of differnet metal genres and wouldn't really listen to Slayer, Maiden, Metallica,etc.

I s'pose metal is so diverse now, you could be really into one genre and totally hate another...as seen by the responses here!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

I find it hard to believe that people can be into extreme metal or even Lamb of God and not like Slayer. Well, Reign In Blood anyway. Probably the greatest thrash album ever. Yes, better than MoP or RiP.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I abhor Enter Shikari. I mean really. Oh my god they're bad. Typical watered down muck for "da youts."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Madina Lakes
    Papa Roach
    U2 ,why does Bono wear safety goggles?????
    Evanescence OMG cant stand em
    Marilyn Manson
    System of a Down, more so because your man looks like an evil dude pretending to be your fave uncle.
    Enter Shikari
    Sum41
    Limp Bizkit. . . .

I will think of more..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

I find it hard to believe that people can be into extreme metal or even Lamb of God and not like Slayer. Well, Reign In Blood anyway. Probably the greatest thrash album ever. Yes, better than MoP or RiP.

Yeah, I like Slayer. What I was getting at is that just cuz you're into metal it doesn't necessarily mean you have to like the classics (I just Slayer, Maiden,Metallica as examples) to be a 'real' metalhead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I hate MCR, A7x, Bullet for my Valentine, those bands on Kerrang that have videos of them playing in the desert and they have bad eye make up and stylish hair. Any EMO or shouty growley music does my head in. Sh1t like Bowling for Soup, Fallout Boy, Good Charlotte and Sum41 too.

I hate a lot of screechy hair metal Judas Preist and AC/DC too.

And to risk being attacked by every poster here, I can't listen to Led Zepellin. I don't think they're bad or untalented or anything, Just sounds too shrill and doesn't sound nice to me. The vibrations on my ear drums makes me physically uncomfortable... I'm a Black Sabbath girl. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

For me its Muse. I mean......why? Whats the big attraction with them. I mean with a band like that with such a big following i can usually at least understand why people like them but with Muse i just don't get it! The only word i can use to describe them is boring. Extremely boring.

For instance i'm not a huge fan of the Foo Fighters but i can at least understand the appeal. With Muse its just beyond me

Rant over/

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MmmmmCheese

Cathy666 wrote: »
    Ok, so you don't like them. That's fine. Can you justify that though? Any particular reason?

Jesus....People don't have to justify to you why they don't like a band. Seriously chill the hell out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Trendkill97

Aveneged Sevenfold....posers

Aveneged Sevenfold....posers
    now this post I agree with! After seeing them at marlay pk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Trendkill97

Max Power1 wrote: »
    now this post I agree with! After seeing them at marlay pk.

Aw you are absolutely right! What the hell where they doing there in the first place? They really did prove what a ****ty band they are :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Cathy666 wrote: »
    I hope you're joking. Iron Maiden are, by far, the single greatest band of all time. Don't challenge me on that either :mad:

I can't stand Iron Maiden. Screechy hair metal = shudder. Ok, so that track Run to the Hills is ok, MERELY for it's comic value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭fartmaster

AC fookin DC said it before and, for its humorous value, Ill say it again, the lead singer looks and sounds like a pissed off farmer lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    I can't stand Iron Maiden. Screechy hair metal = shudder. Ok, so that track Run to the Hills is ok, MERELY for it's comic value.

Maiden, hair metal?

Methinks you've got them confused with another band, hair metal is something that describes glam acts like Twisted Sister and Poison. Not Maiden.

Honestly, I don't get the hate for Maiden at all. They've more classic, catchy metal anthems than any other band you could care to mention, they're spectacular live, and you won't find a better frontman than Bruce.

Terrific band.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

73Cat wrote: »
    U2 ,why does Bono wear safety goggles?????
    It helps him sing better, obviously!

Really though, U2 have some very good songs, but Bono is a character that's easy to dislike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

and you won't find a better frontman than Bruce.

The man flies planes for a living. He was an international fencer. He owns a fencing equipment company.

Add to this the fact that he's the frontman of one of the most classy, catchy, downright awe-inspiring metal acts on the go, I think you've got a good candidate for coolest man alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

Undergod wrote: »
    The man flies planes for a living. He was an international fencer. He owns a fencing equipment company.

Add to this the fact that he's the frontman of one of the most classy, catchy, downright awe-inspiring metal acts on the go, I think you've got a good candidate for coolest man alive.
    Don't forget hes even got his own radio show :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

And a tv show about aviation. "Bruce gets to fly different planes, and talks about flying" is the basic premise. It's class, and I'm not mad into planes or anything.

Advertisement