Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal bands you just can't stand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Zerroth wrote: »
    Dont like most nu-metal and 'metalcore'. Can at least accept anything i hear from metal genres!

Basically anything ending in the suffix 'core' is generally terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Like any hardcore?

Judging bands by their fans, their image, or their genre name is a load of bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Dave...

I'm gonna see if I can but a band together that's classed as generic-core.
    Probably be savage:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I can't help but groan when someone picks The Trees when I'm playing Rock Band 2 online. Such a crap song.

I love it, the first 2 minutes of it are a little weak, but after that it's pure goodness. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Mine have to be:

Oasis (know they don't count really as rock but they're just awful!)
    Green Day (used to like them as a kid, now just see they're whiney hypocrites)
    Blink 182 (nuff said)
    Sum 41 (more than nuff said)
    Kings of Leon atm ( I know its a cliche to say their first two albums were brilliant, and the rest are muck but its true in this case)
    Coldplay
    Keane

I'll think of some more, don't you worry! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

The Strokes and all that over-rated faux-indie crap. I loate Kings of Leon (well, a few of their new songs are okay-ish), the Killers, the Thrills , any band beginning with 'The' really.

Does anyone remember Simple Plan? I know I've made a few rants here about people just hating bands cuz they're popular or mainstream, but I think all the hate is justified for mass-produced cardboard cut-out **** like Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, all those paint-by-numbers bands.

Words cannot express my distaste towards Avril Lavigne (it's sacrilege that she ever made it on to Kerrang!)

Static X, Staind, Nickelback- the very worst of the 2000's rock/metal scene. Give me strength.

You, Me at Six and all those other Panic at the Disco rip-offs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Dante

Six Feet Under
    ACDC
    Iron Maiden
    Biffy Clyro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Most bands that could use the word symphonic to describe their sound, I said most, not all of them. Utter ****.

I also dont like Dave Mustaine's voice so that kinda ruins Megadeth.....

Fad wrote: »

I also dont like Dave Mustaine's voice so that kinda ruins Megadeth.....

I've always thought he sounds exactly like Roger from that old cartoon 'Doug'. :p Especially at the start of 'Sweating Bullets'.

2nb7s4j.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Acacia wrote: »
    any band beginning with 'The' really.

The Scorpions? And........erm........good point actually, after that I can't think of any other bands that I like beginning with 'the'.

• Advertisement

The Scorpions? And........erm........good point actually, after that I can't think of any other bands that I like beginning with 'the'.

Hmm, don't know 'em. Although I have heard of a band called 'The The' so I'd say their great based on that genius name alone.:pac:

Six Feet Under
    ACDC
    Iron Maiden
    Biffy Clyro

I can't help but refer to AC/DC as 'classic DragonForce'. Every song sounds the bloody same.

Hmm, don't know 'em.

You've never heard of The Scorpions? :eek:

I've heard the name, but not any of their music!:D Ya can point me in the right direction , though!:)

I've heard the name, but not any of their music!:D Ya can point me in the right direction , though!:)

Yes I can, have a lsiten to "World Wide Live"

Of course I'm sure you know this song anyway, probably their most famous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Soulfly - discount Sepultura.
    Arch Enemy - music isn't as heavy as the vocals, and all their songs sound the same to me anyway. Just record a new Carcass album and be done with it.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Judas Priest - Hated them when I was a teen, hated them when I was in my 20's, and hate them now. Just cannot stand anything they have done that I have heard.
    Deicide - ****e

Never understood why people like Priest, they just seem so utterly pedestrian to me. Calling Decide ****e is an insult to fecal matter. I would've said pathetic is a more apt word.

I thought it would have been fair to say Painkiller and Screaming for Vengeance would have been in the top 100 metal albums of all time. Priest are awesome. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Priest are pretty bad, I agree. Just never did it for me.

I had no idea there was such widespread disrespect towards the metal gods! Blasphemy. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

Iron Maiden - I find them ridiculous, I don't hate them per say, they make me laugh.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Totally ****e blandey fairies

U2 - they are 'rock' yes?, oh the rage

Anything EMO - hate crime? possibly , but it would be a good death

Metallica - in their current form are nothing short of a raping of my childhood memories

Radiohead - Like the band, hate the fans

Muse - they got ****

you can go ahead and throw the vast majority of the the ( not a typo) bands that are currently wetting the knickers of hipsters across the globe with their plinky whiney guitar ****ehawkery into my list. Also Rush and Journey are not good..not by a long shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Tool

Yes I can, have a lsiten to "World Wide Live"

Of course I'm sure you know this song anyway, probably their most famous.

Nope, I've never heard that song. :o I'll check them out now though, thanks !:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Have to agree with that.

Like many others here, I too can't stand bands like Blink 182, Sum 41 etc.
    My biggest dislike is the new wave of Metal from U.S. such as Trivium, Killswitch Engage...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Fad wrote: »
    Most bands that could use the word symphonic to describe their sound, I said most, not all of them. Utter ****.

I would concur with this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Their correct name is actually just "Scorpions" :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Hmm, don't know 'em.

You'll probably recognise some of their songs when you hear them, just never knew who they were by. At least, that's what happened to me when I first listened to Scorpions

Their correct name is actually just "Scorpions" :P

Actually...................you're right :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

JBnaglfar wrote: »
    You'll probably recognise some of their songs when you hear them, just never knew who they were by. At least, that's what happened to me when I first listened to Scorpions

I remember hearing wind of change when I was around 5 years old, and wondering for years what song it was and who it was by. I think I only really remembered a line or two of it..sorta forgot about it until I went to see them live (without knowing any of their stuff) and then they started playing wind of change.. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

In the last few days i've been thinking about how much i dislike Queensryche.
    There's probably no reasoning behind it all. I just find their music dull.

helios12 wrote: »
    Iron Maiden - I find them ridiculous, I don't hate them per say, they make me laugh.

They are kind of ridiculous, but a lot of hard rock/metal bands are.. i certainly don't listen to Cannibal Corpse because i take them seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 O.o

My Chemical Romance

DAMMIT!!! I can't stand them!

Advertisement