Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal bands you just can't stand

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hate Blink 182, Elliot Minor, they sound like a bad boy choir.All those little boy bands (thats all you could call them), that think they have what it takes. Actually don,t know how half the stuff on Kerrang or Scuzz these days qualifys as Rock/Metal. I spend more time turning off than watching. I grew up on Guns n Roses, Metallica, anything late 80's/early 90's. Must say though i do like My Chemical Romance (hot singer!!!), their music reminds me of reading a really good Stephen King book, FAll Out Boy and also Green Day. Lost Prophets and Nickelback good also...

Oh God yeah how could i forget!!!! Hate Aerosmith. Steve Tyler reminds me of a car crash, dont want to look but i have to. gross!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

All of them!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Doyler92 wrote: »
    All of them!:mad:

Thank you for adding some much needed depth and insight to this discussion :rolleyes:

As for 73Cat:

Blink 182, Elliot Minor, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Green Day and Lost Prophets all sound very similar in one way or another, so why hate Green Day and Blink? Personally I have zero time for any of these money-hungry musical atrocities. Especially Nickelback. I mean Green Day changed their image and simplified their sound so teenage girl and angry anti-war scenesters without a clue would wet themselves over them, but then Lost Prophets have admitted to completely changing their sound and compromising their creativity (see: selling out) in order to make more money (and failed). MCR have gone through two image changes since their arrival, going from emo to emo-epic Queen wannabes, to what we now see as them essentially dressing up as a Ramones tribute act. Blink have their own bloody fashion label. Elliot Minor are laughable alright, but no more so than MCR or Lost Prophets. FOB are clearly just doin' it for the kids, they've completely erased any of their initial hardcore trappings in favour of radio-friendly bubblegum. And if I start talking about Nickelback I'm afraid I might break my keyboard with my face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 biglittlebill

I can't stand Fall out boy :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Pretty much every pop-rock/punk emo band but that seems to be a given on here.

Slayer
    Most Black Metal
    Meshuggah are very very boring

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

the darkness omg they drive me mad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

LightofDarkness is a ****ing champion.

Thank you for adding some much needed depth and insight to this discussion :rolleyes:

As for 73Cat:

Blink 182, Elliot Minor, My Chemical Romance, Fall Out Boy, Green Day and Lost Prophets all sound very similar in one way or another, so why hate Green Day and Blink? Personally I have zero time for any of these money-hungry musical atrocities. Especially Nickelback. I mean Green Day changed their image and simplified their sound so teenage girl and angry anti-war scenesters without a clue would wet themselves over them, but then Lost Prophets have admitted to completely changing their sound and compromising their creativity (see: selling out) in order to make more money (and failed). MCR have gone through two image changes since their arrival, going from emo to emo-epic Queen wannabes, to what we now see as them essentially dressing up as a Ramones tribute act. Blink have their own bloody fashion label. Elliot Minor are laughable alright, but no more so than MCR or Lost Prophets. FOB are clearly just doin' it for the kids, they've completely erased any of their initial hardcore trappings in favour of radio-friendly bubblegum. And if I start talking about Nickelback I'm afraid I might break my keyboard with my face.
    If you read my post again i never said i hated Green Day, they were in with bands i like!! But yes, cant stand Blink. Am not too bothered about bands images, that doesn't dictate whether i like them or not. I either like the music or i don't. Must say i agree with you, The Black Parade very much takes from Queen, but i guess in most of todays bands you can often hear who they have been influenced by. . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

LightofDarkness is a ****ing champion.

Damn right. What a post :D

• Advertisement

ah well it would be a very boring place if we all liked the same wouldn't it?? thought this was a thread for discussing bands you hate, not slagging bands other people like:rolleyes:

73Cat wrote: »
    ah well it would be a very boring place if we all liked the same wouldn't it?? thought this was a thread for discussing bands you hate, not slagging bands other people like:rolleyes:

But they are bands I hate, and obviously other people like almost all of the bands mentioned in here (otherwise they wouldn't be famous). Look at all the people who hate Maiden and Priest. Plenty of people adorn them as gods of metal, yet others consider them worn out old cheese factories with as much substance as an empty crack pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Debthree

Just ACDC really. Angus Young still wearing the friggin school uniform like a big perv! :D

But they are bands I hate, and obviously other people like almost all of the bands mentioned in here (otherwise they wouldn't be famous). Look at all the people who hate Maiden and Priest. Plenty of people adorn them as gods of metal, yet others consider them worn out old cheese factories with as much substance as an empty crack pipe.

Ha ha, touche!! (dont know how to get the fada on the 'e' a la francais). I think even those who hate Maiden and Priest, have to see that its the likes of them who got the ball rolling way back when, inspiring a lot of todays bands. Except of course for those 'one step up from a boyband' types such as Youmeatsix, who i suspect got their inspiration from Busted. And what is with that Andrew Wotshisname 'Party Hard'???. Linkin Park would be listenable if that guy stopped butting in with the rap cr*p. Hate Rap Metal. And Death Metal, go take a strepsil for Gods sake.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sweatingbullets

motley crue,areosmith,slipknot,maiden,dragonforce(cant stand those ****ers)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

U2,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

AVENGED SEVENFOLD

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

73Cat wrote: »
    Linkin Park would be listenable if that guy stopped butting in with the rap cr*p. Hate Rap Metal. And Death Metal, go take a strepsil for Gods sake.....

Linkin Park aren't metal to begin with.

They are rock, however. Intolerable trash, yes, but rock nonetheless. And I actually prefer Mike Shinoda over Chester any day. Chester grates with me.

Linkin Park aren't metal to begin with.

Well someone somewhere at Kerrang and Scuzz seems to think they are rock/metal otherwise they'd not be playing them.......

• Advertisement

Kerrang play Eminem, I wouldn't accept their definition of rock/metal sans exception.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭H1tmonlii

AC/DC
    Megadeth, although I like Sleepwalker.
    Blink 182
    Sum 41
    Cannibal Corpse, ugh.
    Guns N Roses
    Foo Fighters.

Thats it rly

EDIT: Motley ****e and Avenged Sevenfold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭The Frayed Ends

The Offspring
    Blink 182
    Sum 41
    Greenday
    AC/DC
    Sum 41
    Fall out boy

There are probably loads more but these are the ones that come to mind first off
    EDIT: I actually left out probably my most hated band of all time behind The offspring... Dragonforce. how I managed that I dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

green day..and anyone who dresses anyway like them
    my chemical romance--emo ****heads(should not be classed as rock or metal but i like saying i hate them)
    linkin park
    iron madain--fear of the dark only decent song imho

i also hate axel rose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Mods please change thread title to "Rock/Metal bands you absolutely adore".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

:D:Dyeah that would be fun to read through.

It seems like people are reading it like that now.

Mentioning classic bands like ACDC, Maiden, megadeth, slayer etc as bands you hate should be an offence punishable by torture. Or at least being forced to acquire some musical taste !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Max Power1 wrote: »

Mentioning classic bands like ACDC, Maiden, megadeth, slayer etc as bands you hate should be an offence punishable by torture. Or at least being forced to acquire some musical taste !!

Why?

I like more modern bands like Lamb of God, and such. I don't see why liking them means I have to like Iron Maiden as well to be a real metal fan.

Don't me wrong, Maiden etc, are legends and the modern bands today wouldn't be around if not for them, but I wouldn't sit and listen to classic bands really. They're not my cup of tea, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

My least favourite? Soundgarden, especially 'Black Hole Sun', and Nirvana... and just about any Grunge band. Miserable old gits!

• Advertisement

Acacia wrote: »
    Why?

I like more modern bands like Lamb of God, and such. I don't see why liking them means I have to like Iron Maiden as well to be a real metal fan.

Don't me wrong, Maiden etc, are legends and the modern bands today wouldn't be around if not for them, but I wouldn't sit and listen to classic bands really. They're not my cup of tea, tbh.

Fair enough i suppose, Im into death and thrash metal myself mostly. It stands to reason that with no slayer or venom etc there would be no death, and with no motorhead there would be no thrash.

I suppose i just find it weird, ive never met a metalhead that doesnt like slayer or maiden!

Advertisement